    to blocked sites.

    Thanks,
    -KMR
    KMR, Jul 2, 2004

  2. KMR

    Wifi surfer Guest

    Your router should ahve an activity log that you can
    enable/disable. This logs all attempts to obatin access
    to your router and will give you the MAC address of the
    attempts..... You can save this as a txt file for later
    use... If your running WEP and MAC filtering, I wouldn't
    worry about it. I have the same settings and my logfile
    only lists my own accesses over the last year....
    The average user doesn't know how to break WEp and spoof
    MAC addresses....besides, there's lot's of open access
    points out there, so why make it difficult... :)

    MAC
    >addresses. Is there any way by which I can monitor the
    >wireless activity(of the router), apart from using
    >Wireless Connection> Properties?
    >
    >Also, any advice on enabling logging router activity is
    >also greatly appreciated, because this router
    >configuration utility provides logging of attempted

    visits

    Wifi surfer, Jul 2, 2004

  3. KMR

    Sooner Al Guest

    Look at AirSnare...

    http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "KMR" <> wrote in message
    >I have a netgear Wireless wgr614v4 router and a wg511
    > pcmcia card. I've enabled WEP security and restricted MAC
    > addresses. Is there any way by which I can monitor the
    > wireless activity(of the router), apart from using
    > Wireless Connection> Properties?
    >
    > Also, any advice on enabling logging router activity is
    > also greatly appreciated, because this router
    > configuration utility provides logging of attempted visits
    > to blocked sites.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -KMR

    ---