    Thanks & Regards,
    Siva Angadi
    , Jul 25, 2007

  2. MattG Guest

    On Jul 25, 7:54 am, wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > I am looking for some information about the WAN monitoring tools. I
    > would apprecuaiate if you could suggest me a tool, which allows me to
    > set the utilization threshold and provide me the details of the IP
    > addresses and ports of those hosts which are responsible for the high
    > utiliztion in case of high-utilization.
    >
    > As of now, whenever we get a high-utilization alarm from the tools
    > (Netcool ans Smarts) we enable IP accounting on the particular router
    > and get the top-talkers list. Basically, we are lloking for a tool
    > which would automate this process.
    >
    > Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Siva Angadi

    Look for tools that utilize NetFlow exports from the routers. The one
    I've used in the past is NetFlow Analyzer (http://
    manageengine.adventnet.com/products/netflow/index.html). It works
    well and is very easy to setup and get going. There are other
    alternatives in the open-source sector, but require a little more work
    to get up and going.
    MattG, Jul 25, 2007

  3. Al Guest

    On Jul 25, 3:12 pm, MattG <> wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 7:54 am, wrote:
    >

    > > Hello Friends,

    > > I am looking for some information about the WAN monitoring tools. I
    > > would apprecuaiate if you could suggest me a tool, which allows me to
    > > set the utilization threshold and provide me the details of the IP
    > > addresses and ports of those hosts which are responsible for the high
    > > utiliztion in case of high-utilization.

    > > As of now, whenever we get a high-utilization alarm from the tools
    > > (Netcool ans Smarts) we enable IP accounting on the particular router
    > > and get the top-talkers list. Basically, we are lloking for a tool
    > > which would automate this process.

    > > Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

    > > Thanks & Regards,
    > > Siva Angadi

    > Look for tools that utilize NetFlow exports from the routers. The one
    > I've used in the past is NetFlow Analyzer (http://
    > manageengine.adventnet.com/products/netflow/index.html). It works
    > well and is very easy to setup and get going. There are other
    > alternatives in the open-source sector, but require a little more work
    > to get up and going.

    See the following for some info
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6601/products_ios_protocol_group_home.html

    We use Crannog NetFlow Tracker & have looked at Scrutinizer from
    Plixer as well, which looked pretty good.
    Al, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Jul 25, 7:12 pm, MattG <> wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 7:54 am, wrote:
    >

    > > Hello Friends,

    > > I am looking for some information about the WAN monitoring tools. I
    > > would apprecuaiate if you could suggest me a tool, which allows me to
    > > set the utilization threshold and provide me the details of the IP
    > > addresses and ports of those hosts which are responsible for the high
    > > utiliztion in case of high-utilization.

    > > As of now, whenever we get a high-utilization alarm from the tools
    > > (Netcool ans Smarts) we enable IP accounting on the particular router
    > > and get the top-talkers list. Basically, we are lloking for a tool
    > > which would automate this process.

    > > Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

    > > Thanks & Regards,
    > > Siva Angadi

    > Look for tools that utilize NetFlow exports from the routers. The one
    > I've used in the past is NetFlow Analyzer (http://
    > manageengine.adventnet.com/products/netflow/index.html). It works
    > well and is very easy to setup and get going. There are other
    > alternatives in the open-source sector, but require a little more work
    > to get up and going.- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you so much for this information.

    Regards,
    Siva Angadi.
    , Jul 27, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Jul 26, 12:46 am, Al <> wrote:
    > On Jul 25, 3:12 pm, MattG <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 25, 7:54 am, wrote:

    > > > Hello Friends,

    > > > I am looking for some information about the WAN monitoring tools. I
    > > > would apprecuaiate if you could suggest me a tool, which allows me to
    > > > set the utilization threshold and provide me the details of the IP
    > > > addresses and ports of those hosts which are responsible for the high
    > > > utiliztion in case of high-utilization.

    > > > As of now, whenever we get a high-utilization alarm from the tools
    > > > (Netcool ans Smarts) we enable IP accounting on the particular router
    > > > and get the top-talkers list. Basically, we are lloking for a tool
    > > > which would automate this process.

    > > > Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

    > > > Thanks & Regards,
    > > > Siva Angadi

    > > Look for tools that utilize NetFlow exports from the routers. The one
    > > I've used in the past is NetFlow Analyzer (http://
    > > manageengine.adventnet.com/products/netflow/index.html). It works
    > > well and is very easy to setup and get going. There are other
    > > alternatives in the open-source sector, but require a little more work
    > > to get up and going.

    > See the following for some infohttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6601/products_ios_protocol_grou...
    >
    > We use Crannog NetFlow Tracker & have looked at Scrutinizer from
    > Plixer as well, which looked pretty good.- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you so much for the infromation.

    Regards,
    Siva Angadi
    , Jul 27, 2007