    know roughly how much I am downloading and uploading each month.

    Cheers

    John
    John, Aug 4, 2007

  2. John

    bambam Guest

    John <> wrote in news:4ii7b3lp0n3e9qbtd2v1b87h3bk7tc9n69@
    4ax.com:

    > Can anyone tell me what the name of that free program is that you can
    > use to monitor your internet speed and how much your are downloading
    > and uploading size wise?

    NetMeter?

    http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/

    --
    'A man's wealth is measured by what he doesn't need.' - H. D. Thoreau
    bambam, Aug 4, 2007

  3. John

    JANA Guest

    Personally, I would not want to run extra software, especially that will be
    monitoring the I/O for data flow. This will be introducing another task, and
    most likely will use more resources.

    There are sites where you can go and check your connection speed. These
    tests are not always accurate, because different levels of traffic, and the
    performance of the routings along the way.

    McAfee Speed Test:
    http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "John" <> wrote in message
    Can anyone tell me what the name of that free program is that you can
    use to monitor your internet speed and how much your are downloading
    and uploading size wise?

    Will be useful for when I switch my broadband connection, if I am
    having to choose a package that has a bandwidth cap would be good to

    JANA, Aug 5, 2007