    --
    "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
    caught and shot now."

    Max Quordlepleen, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Max Quordlepleen

    Bhoona Guest

    Really, is that with all providers?
    It seems a bit harsh.

    Try this to monitor your bandwith
    http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=3974

    cheers
    Bhoona

    Bhoona, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Max Quordlepleen

    Phil B. Guest

    Max,

    Have you tried On Line meter?

    http://www.webutils.com/en/om/index.html

    Phil B.

    Phil B., Nov 9, 2003
  4. Max Quordlepleen

    °Mike° Guest

    BMExtreme
    http://www.bmextreme.lp23.com/

    "BMExtreme is a program that keeps track of network usage.
    It provides a simple interface that displays the current session,
    daily, weekly and monthly statistics. Users have multiple
    options to monitor their usage through real-time stats and
    stored logs. Excellent for bandwidth capped users, or for those
    interested in seeing how much bandwidth they consume.
    Coming in two versions - the freeware version is a full featured
    bandwidth monitor and has more than enough features to
    make it worth the download. For those who want some extra
    features such as IP checking and user profiles - the Professional
    version is available."

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:30:57 +1300, in
    <>
    Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    >I am considering a switch to ADSL, which, here in NZ, is heavily capped
    >in terms of bandwidth restrictions. Is there any way that I can monitor
    >bandwidth usage on my current dial-up connexion, so that I know roughly
    >how much I use in an average month?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 9, 2003
  5. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 01:37:31 GMT, "Bhoona" <>
    proffered, in : news:tTgrb.585$:

    > Really, is that with all providers?
    > It seems a bit harsh.
    >
    > Try this to monitor your bandwith
    > http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=3974
    >
    > cheers
    > Bhoona

    Thanks. In NZ there is only one ADSL provider, the (near)monopoly
    telco.

    --
    OE - Orrible Excuse for a newsreader
    http://Xnews.newsguy.com

    Max Quordlepleen, Nov 9, 2003
  6. Max Quordlepleen, Nov 9, 2003
  7. Max Quordlepleen

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:41:14 +1300, in
    <>
    Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    >On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:19:09 GMT, °Mike° <>
    >proffered, in : news::
    >
    >> BMExtreme
    >> http://www.bmextreme.lp23.com/

    >Thanks, °Mike°, that looks like just the thing.

    You're welcome, Max.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Nov 9, 2003
  8. Excellent copy and paste.

    NewKillerStar, Nov 9, 2003
  9. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:59:48 GMT, °Mike° <>
    proffered, in : news::

    >> Thanks, °Mike°, that looks like just the thing.

    > You're welcome, Max.

    It turns out, I didn't need it - I just had to login to my ISP and find
    my data transfer history since joining them. <g>

    --
    Please do not press this button again

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Nov 9, 2003
  10. Max Quordlepleen

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:54:18 +1300, Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    >On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:59:48 GMT, °Mike° <>
    >proffered, in : news::
    >
    >>> Thanks, °Mike°, that looks like just the thing.

    >> You're welcome, Max.
    >>

    >It turns out, I didn't need it - I just had to login to my ISP and find
    >my data transfer history since joining them. <g>

    Ok, I admit it - I snickered once when I read this.

    "But only once - I felt obligated, as the QoE, you understand."

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Nov 9, 2003
  11. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:13:25 GMT, Mara
    <> proffered, in :

    >> It turns out, I didn't need it - I just had to login to my ISP and
    >> find my data transfer history since joining them. <g>

    > Ok, I admit it - I snickered once when I read this.
    >
    > "But only once - I felt obligated, as the QoE, you understand."

    Well then, all is indeed well - a happy QoE is good for my own
    longevity.

    --
    By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Nov 9, 2003
  12. Max Quordlepleen

    gangle Guest

    "°Mike°" wrote > On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:41:14 +1300, in
    > Max Quordlepleen scrawled:
    >
    > >On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:19:09 GMT, Mike proffered,
    > >
    > >> BMExtreme
    > >> http://www.bmextreme.lp23.com/

    > >Thanks, °Mike°, that looks like just the thing.

    > You're welcome, Max.

    That was an unusually sickening exchange. Sheesh.

    gangle, Nov 9, 2003
  13. Max Quordlepleen

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:34:09 -0800, in
    <>
    gangle scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" wrote > On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:41:14 +1300, in
    >> Max Quordlepleen scrawled:
    >>
    >> >On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:19:09 GMT, Mike proffered,

    >> >Thanks, °Mike°, that looks like just the thing.

    >> You're welcome, Max.

    >That was an unusually sickening exchange. Sheesh.

    I'm glad you thought so, and you're welcome.

    --
    Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.

    °Mike°, Nov 9, 2003
  14. Max Quordlepleen

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:54:18 +1300, in
    <>
    Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

    >On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:59:48 GMT, °Mike° <>
    >proffered, in : news::
    >
    >>> Thanks, °Mike°, that looks like just the thing.

    >> You're welcome, Max.
    >>

    >It turns out, I didn't need it - I just had to login to my ISP and find
    >my data transfer history since joining them. <g>

    You did that on purpose, didn't you? <g>

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Nov 9, 2003
  15. On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:29:48 GMT, °Mike°
    <> proffered, in :

    >> It turns out, I didn't need it - I just had to login to my ISP and
    >> find my data transfer history since joining them. <g>

    > You did that on purpose, didn't you? <g>

    Well, I'd like to say so, but at least we made the glurd's day. Ti amo.
    8^)

    --
    Life? Don't talk to me about life!

    http://www.maxqnz.com/References.html