    clicking sound every time it blinks. I've turned off, unhooked and rehooked
    and done everything I know to do. Any ideas? I know it isn't the
    processor. I hooked it to another monitor and it worked fine.

    Wynette Russell, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Wynette Russell

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is usually from a failure in the power supply, or HT, or one of the
    scan circuits. You can bring the monitor to a service centre to have an
    estimate, or buy a new one. This is not something you can fix at home.

    Considering the low cost of a new monitor these days, you would be best off
    replacing it.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    "Wynette Russell" <> wrote in message
    My kids computer monitor suddenly went black and I can't get it back. It
    seems to be in some mode. The little light blinks green and there is a

    Jerry G., Dec 14, 2003

  3. >Considering the low cost of a new monitor these days, you would be best off
    >replacing it.

    Depends on the cost to replace the monitor. Monitors are cheap these days, but
    you also get what you pay for. So to trash a $600 monitor over a $100 repair or
    whatever isn't smart.

    *S

    Matthew Superstar Swass, Dec 15, 2003
  4. Wynette Russell wrote:
    > My kids computer monitor suddenly went black and I can't get it back. It
    > seems to be in some mode. The little light blinks green and there is a
    > clicking sound every time it blinks. I've turned off, unhooked and rehooked
    > and done everything I know to do. Any ideas? I know it isn't the
    > processor. I hooked it to another monitor and it worked fine.

    This has happened to me several times. Every time, the monitor was dead.
    Of course there's only one place around here that will even attempt to
    repair a monitor & they charge a minimum of $200. Maybe things are more
    reasonable in your area, but around here monitors aren't worth fixing.

    The clicking sound makes me pretty sure that it's a hardware problem,
    but one way to check is to try the on-screen display. That should come
    up regardless of the mode. If it doesn't come up then you've got a
    hardware problem.

    Calvin Crumrine, Dec 15, 2003