    but as i dont want to bore you all, i'll leave it at that. Thanks for any
    help in advance, it is greatly appreciated.

    ~Senturon
    Senturon, Feb 3, 2004

  2. "Senturon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, not sure if i am going to be using the correct termanology, so if i
    > do not, please don't hit me. :) I was wondering if there was a program

    out
    > there (preferably freeware) that does a good job of sniffing various ports
    > that some outside user would be 'listening' to or more importantly

    'acting'
    > through. In other words, letting me know if i am the only one attuned to

    my
    > computers actions, perhaps constantly running in the background and if

    such
    > a 'breach' does take place, lets me know about it. I suppose the actual
    > preventing of that (if there is one) will come later, but i would just

    like
    > to know if it is happening. I could describe my situation in more detail,
    > but as i dont want to bore you all, i'll leave it at that. Thanks for any
    > help in advance, it is greatly appreciated.

    netstat (may not be available on your version of Windows - hard to tell from
    the headers). If not, then TCPview from (IIRC) sysinternals.com.

    Both require some knowledge to interpret.

    HTH

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Senturon

    Chuck Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:51:04 -0000, "Hairy One Kenobi"
    <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> wrote:

    >"Senturon" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello, not sure if i am going to be using the correct termanology, so if i
    >> do not, please don't hit me. :) I was wondering if there was a program

    >out
    >> there (preferably freeware) that does a good job of sniffing various ports
    >> that some outside user would be 'listening' to or more importantly

    >'acting'
    >> through. In other words, letting me know if i am the only one attuned to

    >my
    >> computers actions, perhaps constantly running in the background and if

    >such
    >> a 'breach' does take place, lets me know about it. I suppose the actual
    >> preventing of that (if there is one) will come later, but i would just

    >like
    >> to know if it is happening. I could describe my situation in more detail,
    >> but as i dont want to bore you all, i'll leave it at that. Thanks for any
    >> help in advance, it is greatly appreciated.

    >netstat (may not be available on your version of Windows - hard to tell from
    >the headers). If not, then TCPview from (IIRC) sysinternals.com.
    >
    >Both require some knowledge to interpret.

    TCPView (free) from <http://www.sysinternals.com/> is OK. Port
    Explorer (also free) from
    <http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=home> is
    better.