    load windows, but once it had done turned off indicating there was no
    signal. It would seem Windows is set to use the Geforce card but the
    computer just isn't recognising it at all. Any ideas?

    ., Sep 1, 2007

  2. .

    . Guest

    BTW, I've just been checking a few other things out and this info might be
    useful. The computer IS on, I can reach it and see it on our LAN and Avast
    just notified me that the database has been updated, however there is no
    beep when the computer boots up. When the computer booted up before it ran
    checkdisk, I assume this is because I had to turn it off by using the power
    button, which brings me to another question, can you turn off the machine
    gently without accessing the GUI?

    ., Sep 1, 2007

  3. .

    . Guest

    OK, thanks for the help so far. I've got the moitor working by going into
    safe mode and running the monitor from the on board videos. However, there's
    no beep on start up. Could this be because the batteries gone and isn't
    powering up the Video Card, time and date settings seem to be OK. What's
    with the no beep, should I just change the battery?

    ., Sep 1, 2007
  4. .

    Alan Guest

    .. wrote:
    > OK, thanks for the help so far. I've got the moitor working by going into
    > safe mode and running the monitor from the on board videos. However, there's
    > no beep on start up. Could this be because the batteries gone and isn't
    > powering up the Video Card, time and date settings seem to be OK. What's
    > with the no beep, should I just change the battery?
    >

    > "." <> wrote in message
    >> BTW, I've just been checking a few other things out and this info might be
    >> useful. The computer IS on, I can reach it and see it on our LAN and Avast
    >> just notified me that the database has been updated, however there is no
    >> beep when the computer boots up. When the computer booted up before it ran
    >> checkdisk, I assume this is because I had to turn it off by using the
    >> power button, which brings me to another question, can you turn off the
    >> machine gently without accessing the GUI?
    >>

    >> "." <> wrote in message
    >>> Apologies for the lack of detailed system info. I have a dell desktop
    >>> with an Acer LCD monitor. The comp has a Geforce graphics card. I was
    >>> testing out another computer using all the cabling, monitor etc where the
    >>> Dell would have been and the monitor didn't work. When I replaced the
    >>> Dell unit with the monitor cable in the Geforce card ithe computer booted
    >>> up but the monitor didn't switch on. When I plugged the monitor cable
    >>> into the onboard graphics the monitor switched up initially, during the
    >>> bios bit began to load windows, but once it had done turned off
    >>> indicating there was no signal. It would seem Windows is set to use the
    >>> Geforce card but the computer just isn't recognising it at all. Any
    >>> ideas?

    The fact that your monitor works in safemode means that the resolution
    you had set it to before was not supported by the monitor or wrong/bad
    drivers for the monitor.

    Alan, Sep 1, 2007