    are gone and running normal. That is only thing I can think about but hard
    to believe that is it.

    Please anyone help. It's too dark to see graphic detail.

    Arcury, May 31, 2004

  2. Arcury

    The Prophecy Guest

    Arcury wrote:
    > My monitor suddenly went to dark this morning when I work up my
    > computer. It is 3 years old Dell P991 FD Trinitron monitor.
    > I sat brightness all the way to 100% and hardly acceptable now.
    > I tried to restart a few times to see it goes back to normal with no
    > luck. I know my computer was hijacked a few days ago got some spy
    > wares but they are gone and running normal. That is only thing I can
    > think about but hard to believe that is it.
    >
    > Please anyone help. It's too dark to see graphic detail.

    My guess is (and remember that this is only a guess) your monitor is going
    to die soon, if somebody shares my opinion and recommends that you replace
    it then i would do so.

    The Prophecy, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Arcury

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I'm not really sure if that is the problem but that happened to my mate and
    later he found out that the tubes had burned out inside his monitor. It
    might be a completely different problem in your case.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Arcury

    The Prophecy Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:
    > I'm not really sure if that is the problem but that happened to my
    > mate and later he found out that the tubes had burned out inside his
    > monitor. It might be a completely different problem in your case.
    >
    > LJ

    hmmm, well like i said it was just a guess....

    The Prophecy, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Arcury

    Arcury Guest

    Thank you for sharing opinion guys. I was afraid if it is dying but bit too
    early I thought.
    If tubes burned out can you just replace tubes?

    Arcury, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Arcury

    Kenny Guest

    Best bet is take it to a good TV engineer, sometimes monitors are fairly
    easily repairable, sometimes not.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 1, 2004
  7. Arcury

    Thor Guest

    "Arcury" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for sharing opinion guys. I was afraid if it is dying but bit

    too
    > early I thought.
    > If tubes burned out can you just replace tubes?

    Only one tube in the monitor. That is the picture tube (CRT), and it is the
    most expensive part in there. If the tube is toast, it wouldn't be worth
    fixing. Indeed, most monitor problems that require a repair technician
    aren't worth fixing IMHO, because you will likely spend more than the thing
    is worth in most cases.

    Thor, Jun 1, 2004