    have lying around.
    2. Is it the Commander phone system or the security video switchbox
    positioned beside the monitor that is causing the interference?

    Michael Stern, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Michael Stern

    Michael Guest

    Michael Stern wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > At work, the crappy 15" Viewmaster monitor (about 24 months old) was
    > flickering between regular display and then odd shades of blue and
    > green. ie the color wasnt pure.
    >
    > So I brought my Sony Trinitron 19" from home (about 24 months old too
    > but in perfect order) and the monitor was doing the same thing.
    >
    > Im wondering
    >
    > 1. Is the next step to check and replace the video card with another
    > one I have lying around.
    > 2. Is it the Commander phone system or the security video switchbox
    > positioned beside the monitor that is causing the interference?

    I'm gambling that the monitor socket on your video card (or its connection
    *to* the card) is faulty... possibly secondary to someone having tripped
    over the ViewMaster's cord.

    Try the other card, and I all will be well... and while you have the present
    card out, check it out very carefully for physical damage.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Michael Stern

    °Mike° Guest

    Move the monitor away from the Commander and the security
    switch box - if there is an improvement, you need to relocate
    either the computer or the other stuff.

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:05:07 +1000, in
    <3f0b6a3d$0$5973$>
    Michael Stern scrawled: