Monitor suitable for Amiga?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Graham, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Graham, Jul 3, 2004

  2. In <> Graham wrote:
    > Is there any reason why the following monitor won't work with an
    > Amiga?
    > It supports EGA/CGA to SVGA and the required 15kHz horiz scanrate.
    >
    > http://www.vartechsystems.com/pdf/technical/VT14A-Dtech.pdf
    >
    > (PDF linked from:
    > http://www.vartechsystems.com/products/crt/14table.asp)

    It looks like it would work to me. It has standard analogue RGB inputs
    and syncs down to 15kHz. However, what's it going to cost? Monitors sold
    for industrial use tend to be _very_ expensive. Unless you've found one
    locally?

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Roger Johnstone wrote:

    > In <> Graham wrote:
    > > Is there any reason why the following monitor won't work with an
    > > Amiga?
    > > It supports EGA/CGA to SVGA and the required 15kHz horiz scanrate.
    > >
    > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/pdf/technical/VT14A-Dtech.pdf
    > >
    > > (PDF linked from:
    > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/products/crt/14table.asp)

    > It looks like it would work to me. It has standard analogue RGB inputs
    > and syncs down to 15kHz. However, what's it going to cost? Monitors sold
    > for industrial use tend to be _very_ expensive. Unless you've found one
    > locally?

    The distributor is Mastec in Auckland:
    http://www.mastec.co.nz/

    Unfortunately this kind of industrial monitor seems to be the only
    choice for these specs. I'm waiting for a reply from them for a price.
    Graham, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Graham

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Craig Sutton, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:

    > "Graham" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Is there any reason why the following monitor won't work with an
    > > Amiga?
    > > It supports EGA/CGA to SVGA and the required 15kHz horiz scanrate.
    > >
    > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/pdf/technical/VT14A-Dtech.pdf
    > >
    > > (PDF linked from:
    > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/products/crt/14table.asp)

    > I have TV converter for an Amiga somewhere around here if you get
    > desperate..

    Thanks...

    Actually the A1200 (my model) has a built-in TV modulator, but I don't
    have a TV to use with it. One might be useful with an A500 though, if
    I had one.
    Graham, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Graham

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Jul 3, 2004
  7. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Graham wrote:
    >
    > > Is there any reason why the following monitor won't work with an
    > > Amiga?
    > > It supports EGA/CGA to SVGA and the required 15kHz horiz scanrate.
    > >
    > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/pdf/technical/VT14A-Dtech.pdf
    > >
    > > (PDF linked from:
    > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/products/crt/14table.asp)

    > for 15Khz, any reason you cant get yourself a TV with a scart input? Nice and
    > cheap cheap

    Well, a monitor would be preferred... Just have to see what the price
    is.
    Graham, Jul 4, 2004
  8. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Graham wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    > >
    > > Graham wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is there any reason why the following monitor won't work with an
    > > > Amiga?
    > > > It supports EGA/CGA to SVGA and the required 15kHz horiz scanrate.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/pdf/technical/VT14A-Dtech.pdf
    > > >
    > > > (PDF linked from:
    > > > http://www.vartechsystems.com/products/crt/14table.asp)

    > > for 15Khz, any reason you cant get yourself a TV with a scart input? Nice and
    > > cheap cheap

    > Well, a monitor would be preferred... Just have to see what the price
    > is.

    oh, geez... nearly 3,000 dollars each! wtf...

    Anyone know a NZ distributor for Microvitec monitors??
    Graham, Jul 5, 2004