    in Windows XP (SP2) is 1600x900, 1600x1200 or 1920 x 1080.

    I have reinstalled my Nvidia Geforce drivers, and installed iiyama
    drivers to no avail. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Thanks.
    Scoresby, Feb 25, 2007

  2. Scoresby

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Scoresby wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > I have an iiyama ProLight wide-screen monitor, with a resolution of
    > 1680x1050.
    >
    > However the closest I can get to this resolution in display settings
    > in Windows XP (SP2) is 1600x900, 1600x1200 or 1920 x 1080.
    >
    > I have reinstalled my Nvidia Geforce drivers, and installed iiyama
    > drivers to no avail. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Thanks.

    My nVidia Geforce drivers allowed me to generate a custom resolution.

    IIRC, goto display properties, click settings, advanced, the nvidia tab,
    screen resolutions and refresh rates, add, type in your resolution.

    Hopefully this will work for you.
    WhzzKdd, Feb 25, 2007

  3. Scoresby

    JANA Guest

    I have been through the exact same thing as you are going through. We ended
    up having to upgrade the display card, and install the new drivers. It
    works very well now.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Feb 25, 2007
  4. Scoresby

    Scoresby Guest

    x-no-archive:yes

    On 25 Feb, 02:26, "WhzzKdd" <> wrote:
    > Scoresby wrote:
    > > x-no-archive:yes

    > > I have an iiyama ProLight wide-screen monitor, with a resolution of
    > > 1680x1050.

    > > However the closest I can get to this resolution in display settings
    > > in Windows XP (SP2) is 1600x900, 1600x1200 or 1920 x 1080.

    > > I have reinstalled my Nvidia Geforce drivers, and installed iiyama
    > > drivers to no avail. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Thanks.

    > My nVidia Geforce drivers allowed me to generate a custom resolution.
    >
    > IIRC, goto display properties, click settings, advanced, the nvidia tab,
    > screen resolutions and refresh rates, add, type in your resolution.
    >
    > Hopefully this will work for you.

    Thanks. I could find no such setting. However I read what you wrote,
    which inspired me to google "custom resolution" which supplied me with
    this result:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42122

    I followed the instructions and set a custom resolution in my
    registry. Problem solved!

    JANA - maybe you could have done something like this!
    Scoresby, Feb 25, 2007
  5. Scoresby

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Scoresby wrote:
    > x-no-archive:yes
    >
    > On 25 Feb, 02:26, "WhzzKdd" <> wrote:
    >> Scoresby wrote:
    >>> x-no-archive:yes

    >>> I have an iiyama ProLight wide-screen monitor, with a resolution of
    >>> 1680x1050.

    >>> However the closest I can get to this resolution in display settings
    >>> in Windows XP (SP2) is 1600x900, 1600x1200 or 1920 x 1080.

    >>> I have reinstalled my Nvidia Geforce drivers, and installed iiyama
    >>> drivers to no avail. Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Thanks.

    >> My nVidia Geforce drivers allowed me to generate a custom resolution.
    >>
    >> IIRC, goto display properties, click settings, advanced, the nvidia
    >> tab, screen resolutions and refresh rates, add, type in your
    >> resolution.
    >>
    >> Hopefully this will work for you.

    > Thanks. I could find no such setting. However I read what you wrote,
    > which inspired me to google "custom resolution" which supplied me with
    > this result:
    > http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42122
    >
    > I followed the instructions and set a custom resolution in my
    > registry. Problem solved!

    Good job! I've seen that method written up as well, but editing the registry
    is typically something I'd suggest only as a last resort.
    WhzzKdd, Feb 25, 2007