    screen. On start up the monitor shuts off and on (quickly) and then
    does it again, once Windows (XP SP2) loads. What's with the off and on?
    Anyone heard of this.

    Boooger, May 9, 2006

  2. Boooger

    JTJersey Guest

    On Tue, 09 May 2006 04:21:13 -0700, Boooger wrote:

    > I have a geforce 6150 (integrated video) and a ViewSonice 17 crt screen.
    > On start up the monitor shuts off and on (quickly) and then does it
    > again, once Windows (XP SP2) loads. What's with the off and on? Anyone
    > heard of this.

    I guess it stays on after Windows completes it's boot sequence? My
    ViewSonic A90f 19" CRT does something like what you describe. It doesn't
    actually shut off, it just reports that there is no signal to it briefly
    at a certain point in the boot sequence. Don't know why, but it doesn't
    seem to bother anything.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, May 12, 2006