    Any ideas as to what may be the cause? Bugger, there it goes again.

    --
    John B
    John B, Apr 29, 2004

  2. John B

    Vogan Guest

    "John B" <> wrote in message
    news:bV0kc.275$...
    > Can anyone help please?
    >
    > My monitor has just started intermittently wobbling or shaking. No, not an

    EQ.
    > I.e. the image on the screen starts shaking/vibrating (for want of a

    better
    > descriptive term) fast. It's not huge speed wobbles, it's very small and

    tends
    > to make things look blurry at first glance. Can still read it, but it's

    damned
    > annoying. Every minute or so it goes into this mini-frenzy and lasts for

    about
    > 10 - 20 secs.
    >
    > Refresh rate is 85 hertz. Philips 107S. 2 yrs old.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what may be the cause? Bugger, there it goes again.
    >
    > --
    > John B

    Hi

    Could be the de-gauss circuitry playing up (I am not a monitor repair
    expert, I am just taking a wild guess) or perhaps interference. Have you
    recently moved the monitor to a new postion? At my old flat my I moved my
    computer desk once and the monitor ended up near the mains feed and
    everytime we had something that used a bit of power eg. drier, heater etc my
    monitor would kind of shimmer, not really noticable but just enogh to be
    annoying.

    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Vaughan
    Vogan, Apr 29, 2004

  3. John B

    John B Guest

    "Vogan" <> wrote in message

    > "John B" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help please?
    > >
    > > My monitor has just started intermittently wobbling or shaking. No, not an

    > EQ.
    > > I.e. the image on the screen starts shaking/vibrating (for want of a

    > better
    > > descriptive term) fast. It's not huge speed wobbles, it's very small and

    > tends
    > > to make things look blurry at first glance. Can still read it, but it's

    > damned
    > > annoying. Every minute or so it goes into this mini-frenzy and lasts for

    > about
    > > 10 - 20 secs.
    > >
    > > Refresh rate is 85 hertz. Philips 107S. 2 yrs old.
    > >
    > > Any ideas as to what may be the cause? Bugger, there it goes again.
    > >
    > > --
    > > John B
    > >

    > Hi
    >
    > Could be the de-gauss circuitry playing up (I am not a monitor repair
    > expert, I am just taking a wild guess) or perhaps interference. Have you
    > recently moved the monitor to a new postion? At my old flat my I moved my
    > computer desk once and the monitor ended up near the mains feed and
    > everytime we had something that used a bit of power eg. drier, heater etc my
    > monitor would kind of shimmer, not really noticable but just enogh to be
    > annoying.

    Shimmer... that's the word. Hasn't done it for a while now.

    Built a new computer desk today (kitset) and changed things around slightly.
    Monitor is about 30cm from where it was. That's all that has changed. But yes, I
    think it may indeed have something to do with the location. I'll muck around
    with and see what happens.

    Could be some sort of interference.

    > Hope this helps
    > Cheers
    > Vaughan

    John B
    John B, Apr 29, 2004
  4. On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:14:12 +1200, "John B" <> wrote:

    >"Vogan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "John B" <> wrote in message
    >> > Can anyone help please?
    >> >
    >> > My monitor has just started intermittently wobbling or shaking. No, not an

    >> EQ.
    >> > I.e. the image on the screen starts shaking/vibrating (for want of a

    >> better
    >> > descriptive term) fast. It's not huge speed wobbles, it's very small and

    >> tends
    >> > to make things look blurry at first glance. Can still read it, but it's

    >> damned
    >> > annoying. Every minute or so it goes into this mini-frenzy and lasts for

    >> about
    >> > 10 - 20 secs.
    >> >
    >> > Refresh rate is 85 hertz. Philips 107S. 2 yrs old.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas as to what may be the cause? Bugger, there it goes again.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > John B
    >> >

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Could be the de-gauss circuitry playing up (I am not a monitor repair
    >> expert, I am just taking a wild guess) or perhaps interference. Have you
    >> recently moved the monitor to a new postion? At my old flat my I moved my
    >> computer desk once and the monitor ended up near the mains feed and
    >> everytime we had something that used a bit of power eg. drier, heater etc my
    >> monitor would kind of shimmer, not really noticable but just enogh to be
    >> annoying.

    >Shimmer... that's the word. Hasn't done it for a while now.
    >
    >Built a new computer desk today (kitset) and changed things around slightly.
    >Monitor is about 30cm from where it was. That's all that has changed. But yes, I
    >think it may indeed have something to do with the location. I'll muck around
    >with and see what happens.

    May be its near a Power Transformer and the shimmer can be cause by the
    power companies Ripple control thing, in one case I have seen it was nere a
    big drink Fridge and ever time the fridge came on the screen would flicker.

    The GHOST of WOGER., Apr 29, 2004
  5. John B

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:03:46 +1200, "John B" <>
    wrote:

    >Can anyone help please?
    >
    >My monitor has just started intermittently wobbling or shaking. No, not an EQ.
    >I.e. the image on the screen starts shaking/vibrating (for want of a better
    >descriptive term) fast. It's not huge speed wobbles, it's very small and tends
    >to make things look blurry at first glance. Can still read it, but it's damned
    >annoying. Every minute or so it goes into this mini-frenzy and lasts for about
    >10 - 20 secs.
    >
    >Refresh rate is 85 hertz. Philips 107S. 2 yrs old.
    >
    >Any ideas as to what may be the cause? Bugger, there it goes again.

    UFOs. There's a lot of it about.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Apr 30, 2004
  6. John B

    Richard Guest

    John B wrote:

    > My monitor has just started intermittently wobbling or shaking. No, not an EQ.
    > I.e. the image on the screen starts shaking/vibrating (for want of a better
    > descriptive term) fast. It's not huge speed wobbles, it's very small and tends
    > to make things look blurry at first glance. Can still read it, but it's damned
    > annoying. Every minute or so it goes into this mini-frenzy and lasts for about
    > 10 - 20 secs.
    >
    > Refresh rate is 85 hertz. Philips 107S. 2 yrs old.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what may be the cause? Bugger, there it goes again.

    Look for moire reduction in the menus and have a play with that. Perhaps its
    acting up and only kicking in intermittantly?
    Richard, May 3, 2004