Monitor settings for Pack.Bell, can't find the right monitor anyway

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by fredcromer, May 5, 2004.

  1. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    HEAR ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!! I have an old PACKARD BELL 1015 monitor (14"),
    when i bought this computer and monitor 3 month ago, i'm pretty sure it had
    the right default drivers for the P,B 1015, I somewhere along the line
    changed the display, and cannot find the 1015 in the list of monitors you
    can 'change to' in display properties..It's 800x600 and ever since the
    change i've had the screen go slighytly slanted...that BUGS me to ####, and
    the screen seems to move a few millimetres depending on which program i'm
    running.....When i go to DISPLAY,advanced,monitors,change, and try to find
    the Pack,Bell 1015 or even one similar (BTW it's a 14"),the monitor..I
    checked the Hewlett Packard list too, but every time I choose a new default
    monitor, I can't find the original one I HAD AT FIRST.....it must be there,
    I know if i find it cos in the system tray ,when you left,click..the list of
    pixel types and 16,24,32 bit and X x Y (pixel display) was longer than the
    vertical screen.......COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIND THE PACKARD BELL 1015
    drivers, and also why does my screen keep changing position (only a cm),
    here or there ??????...ALL THE BEST, GOD BLESS..............FRED

    ---

    fredcromer, May 5, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Jerry G. Guest

    I know this monitor. It is not a very good one for serious computing.

    What I would do for this monitor to see if it will work, go to the
    properties for My Computer, Hardware Manager, and search in the list for the
    monitor. Delete the monitor from the list. When you press Okay, it will
    prompt you to reset the machine. After the reboot, it should tell you that
    it found new hardware. You should be able to select the monitor from the
    list. If the monitor is a Plug & Play and is in the Windows list, Windows
    should normally find and install it. It will prompt you for the okay.

    If the monitor still does not work properly, more than likely it is
    defective, or the display card has problems. You will then have to try
    another monitor to verify the fault.

    Considering all things, you should really try to find a better monitor!

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com