    I have also restarted and shutdown my computer and few times to no avail.
    Anyone out there that can help me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ninip, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Ninip

    ICee Guest

    Ninip wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    > Please help, for the last 3 days my desktop has shrunk into the
    > middle of my monitor screen.
    > Specs
    > 15" monitor NEC Sync
    > Windows ME
    > Lots of room on free on C Drive
    > HP Pavillon Computer
    >
    > I have a black border approx. 2" on both the left and right side of my
    > monitor screen. I have tried using the monitor buttons to adjust
    > size of screen, but everything is already on maximum. I have tried
    > changing the resolution size but that doesn't work either.
    > I don't know what to do and this is very annoying to have everything
    > scrunched into the middle of the screen.
    > Also it doesn't matter what program I am using still same thing.
    > I have also restarted and shutdown my computer and few times to no
    > avail. Anyone out there that can help me.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Sounds like the monitor is dying. It would be a good idea to get
    another one before it dies altogether.
    ICee, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Ninip

    M Guest

    You could try changing the refresh rate to see if this helps.

    M, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Ninip

    °Mike° Guest

    Get your purse/wallet out and go shopping for
    a new monitor.

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:34:26 GMT, in
    <SgCGc.35871$WB5.32318@pd7tw2no>
    Ninip scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Ninip

    Unknown Guest

    Find the buttons on your monitor and use them to stretch the screen to the
    correct size. Look in your monitor book if you have one for adjustments.

    Unknown, Jul 6, 2004
  6. Ninip

    Ninip Guest

    I have tried the buttons on monitor everything is on maximum.
    This has happened to me in the past on and off. Have always been able to
    get it back by changing the resolution to 1024 X 768 and then restarting
    compjuter and then putting it back to 600 X 800 that I like.
    But this time I have been trying everything for 3 days and nothing happens.
    Any ideas?

    Ninip, Jul 6, 2004
  7. Unknown wrote:

    > Find the buttons on your monitor and use them to stretch the screen to
    > the correct size. Look in your monitor book if you have one for
    > adjustments.

    You mean like where he said, "I have tried using the monitor buttons to
    adjust size of screen, but everything is already on maximum."

    If you *want* to be helpful, try reading more than just the Subject
    header, eh?

    If you just want to see yourself on Usenet, continue what you're doing.

    > "Ninip" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi everyone Please help, for the last 3 days my desktop has shrunk
    >> into the middle of my monitor screen. Specs 15" monitor NEC Sync
    >> Windows ME Lots of room on free on C Drive HP Pavillon Computer

    >> I have a black border approx. 2" on both the left and right side of
    >> my monitor screen. I have tried using the monitor buttons to adjust
    >> size of screen, but everything is already on maximum. I have tried
    >> changing the resolution size but that doesn't work either. I don't
    >> know what to do and this is very annoying to have everything
    >> scrunched into the middle of the screen. Also it doesn't matter what
    >> program I am using still same thing. I have also restarted and
    >> shutdown my computer and few times to no avail. Anyone out there
    >> that can help me. Thanks in advance.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 6, 2004
  8. Ninip

    Plato Guest

    Ninip wrote:

    > Please help, for the last 3 days my desktop has shrunk into the middle of my
    > monitor screen.

    Time to go shopping.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 7, 2004
  9. Plato wrote:
    > Ninip wrote:
    >>
    >> Please help, for the last 3 days my desktop has shrunk into the
    >> middle of my monitor screen.

    > Time to go

    .... plagiarising.
    Ed Jablonowski, Jul 7, 2004
  10. Ninip

    Ninip Guest

    Hi
    Just wanted to let you all know I have fixed my problem today.
    I went into desktop properties and changed the resolution to 1152 X 864.
    Restarted computer and full screen again. I then changed back to my
    preferred setting of 600 X 800 and everything stayed full screen.
    I used to fix this problem by changing to 1024 X 768 but it was not working
    this way this time. After 5 frustrating days I now have my computer back to
    normal.
    I want to thank all you replied and helped me with this.
    Thanks again.

    Ninip, Jul 9, 2004
  11. Ninip

    marcusflutiefan

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

    Omg Ninip!

    Thank you so so so so much!

    I had the same exact problem with my laptop. It happened to me once before but I couldn't remember for the life of me how to fix it.

    I tried searching online for forum's like this one where someone might have asked for help with the same issue, but every where I went was people saying that you needed to buy some sort of disk...or else a new monitor. Well, I knew that couldn't be right.

    Then I read somewhere about changing the resolution size, but I only know so much about computers and unfortunately "how to change the resolution size" isn't one of them. :dontknow:

    So thank you so so so much for that last post which told me exactly how to fix my problem. You're my hero for the rest of eternity :adore:

    Myrian
    marcusflutiefan, Jan 29, 2008