    need the content larger.
    As usual, thanks a lot for any insight.
    Jer

    jerglass, Feb 7, 2006

  2. jerglass wrote:

    > Any idea why when I go into Properties/Settings (on my Desktop),
    > change my monitor resolution, click OK, and the screen mometarily
    > goes Black, when it returns it returns to the same monitor resolution
    > and not the one I changed to. In other works, the resolution is set
    > too high for mt tired eyes and I need the content larger.

    Your video drivers probably can't accomodate the size you've chosen. Try
    a more common size, such as 800x600 or 1024x768 and see if they stick.
    What is the current size/resolution?

    Going black is expected, during the change.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 7, 2006

  3. jerglass

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-02-07, jerglass <> wrote:
    > Any idea why when I go into Properties/Settings (on my Desktop), change my
    > monitor resolution, click OK, and the screen mometarily goes Black, when it
    > returns it returns to the same monitor resolution and not the one I changed
    > to. In other works, the resolution is set too high for mt tired eyes and I
    > need the content larger.
    > As usual, thanks a lot for any insight.
    > Jer

    Plasma, LCD, CRT? LCD displays aren't always able to display sizes that
    don't use say 4 pixels for one - or the smaller 'resolution' display is
    physically smaller than the whole screen, so no more legible.

    Most operating systems these days allow you to choose different text sizes
    for various parts of your display, and to make things like icons and
    'taskbars' bigger too, without changing the monitor resolution.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 7, 2006
  4. jerglass

    zulu Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2006-02-07, jerglass <> wrote:
    >> Any idea why when I go into Properties/Settings (on my Desktop), change
    >> my
    >> monitor resolution, click OK, and the screen mometarily goes Black, when
    >> it
    >> returns it returns to the same monitor resolution and not the one I
    >> changed
    >> to. In other works, the resolution is set too high for mt tired eyes and
    >> need the content larger.
    >> As usual, thanks a lot for any insight.
    >> Jer

    > Plasma, LCD, CRT? LCD displays aren't always able to display sizes that
    > don't use say 4 pixels for one - or the smaller 'resolution' display is
    > physically smaller than the whole screen, so no more legible.
    >
    > Most operating systems these days allow you to choose different text sizes
    > for various parts of your display, and to make things like icons and
    > 'taskbars' bigger too, without changing the monitor resolution.

    Loke XPPro you mean? - all but the IMPORTANT ones like *Properties* for
    example
    AArrrgghhhhhhhh.

    --
    ¦ zulu ¦ Dell Dinension T700r, 512 MB RAM, running XP Pro, SP2.

    zulu, Feb 7, 2006
  5. jerglass

    jerglass Guest

    Thank you all, just needed to click a setting under Advanced in Settings
    which took care of the problem.
    Jer

    jerglass, Feb 7, 2006
  6. jerglass

    zulu Guest

    "jerglass" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you all, just needed to click a setting under Advanced in Settings
    > which took care of the problem.
    > Jer

    Well done, but it won't solve mine (below) though....... :-(((

    --
    ¦ zulu ¦ Dell Dinension T700r, 512 MB RAM, running XP Pro, SP2.

    zulu, Feb 12, 2006