Monitor resol'n overlapping screen at Boot-Up

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Fred C, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. Fred C

    Fred C Guest

    Could someone please explain, if they can, why my monitor, during boot-up ,
    has the windows XP logo , covering the whole screen, and... right, lemme try
    again, my res on xp is 1200 x 1024 , when my PC boots up , it must go to a
    resoloution that the Screen folds back on itself, top and bottom, and
    basically, any writing on screen is pressed against the sides of the screen
    etc.
    WHEN IT GETS TO THE 'WELCOME' SCREEN - all is okay again ???

    I have pressed the 'degauss' on the monitors menu,
    The monitor is a packard Bell A727 or maybe just a 727
    RIGHT - THIS IS NOT A GOOD ECPLANATION OV THE PROBLEM.
    so .. running my xp - fine - 1200 x 1024 cool
    boot-up - everything in writing on screen pressed up against sides
    ov screen and even adjusting the horizontal-size on
    the monitor buttons it will not allow me to fetch it back on to the screen,
    i can choose either right side viewing, or go the other way, and move the
    horizontal to the left, so i can read what's written on the right-side ov
    the screen. Hope i am making this clear . Just to add, i installed win2000
    on another partition, and that , when getting to the welcome screen etc..
    AFTER boot-up STILL has the overlapping resoloution/setting

    ANY HELP PLEASE - Thanks - Fred
    Fred C, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Fred C

    Brian Guest

    Make sure you have your correct monitor type selected in device manager.
    Check in safe mode and remove all monitors, reboot and install drivers
    (latest) for the correct monitor
    Brian, Sep 2, 2006