  1. navyretired

    navyretired Guest

    How do I modify the monitor refresh rate in Windows 3.1?

    navyretired, Sep 20, 2003

  2. In article <bki090$1v1p2$-berlin.de>,
    says...

    >How do I modify the monitor refresh rate in Windows 3.1?

    IIRC, it's done with a custom driver program for the video card or
    monitor. The generic Win3.1 drivers may not have the option. Perhaps
    search for a video utility that does it.

    Another Airnet User, Sep 20, 2003

  3. navyretired

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:44:06 -0400, navyretired wrote:

    >How do I modify the monitor refresh rate in Windows 3.1?

    It's been a long time. But cards like Cirrus Logic had a command line
    utility.

    Me

    why?, Sep 20, 2003
  4. navyretired

    Mike Guest

    Watch out that the monitor can handle the refresh rate. I once fried an old
    14" monitor with the Cirrus Logic refresh utility.

    Mike

    Mike, Sep 20, 2003
  5. navyretired

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:50:11 -0400, Mike wrote:

    >Watch out that the monitor can handle the refresh rate. I once fried an old
    >14" monitor with the Cirrus Logic refresh utility.

    I remember that warning well....

    >Mike

    >> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:44:06 -0400, navyretired wrote:
    >>
    >> >How do I modify the monitor refresh rate in Windows 3.1?
    >> >

    >> It's been a long time. But cards like Cirrus Logic had a command line
    >> utility.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 21, 2003