    Do you turn the monitor off when in stand by?

    Thanks

    Tom

    tflfb, Jun 27, 2004

  2. tflfb

    Thor Guest

    the monitor itself should go into standby mode automatically with the
    system. If it has an amber/yellow power indicator after the system goes into
    standby, then you can leave it that way of you wish. The monitor will come
    back up to full-power when it detects a signal from the video card.

    "tflfb" <> wrote in message
    > When I am not useing the computer I put into standby mode, with the

    monitor

    Thor, Jun 27, 2004

  3. tflfb

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    >When I am not useing the computer I put into standby mode, with the monitor
    >on.
    >
    >Do you turn the monitor off when in stand by?

    You can set the amount of time you wish your computer to go into standby
    mode.

    It doesn't really make a difference if you turn your monitor off or not.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 27, 2004
  4. tflfb

    tflfb Guest

    I thought it may last longer, if it were turned off. Some times it harder on
    the monitor to power it up than to turn it off.

    Thanks

    Tom

    tflfb, Jun 27, 2004
  5. tflfb

    Jerry G. Guest

    We leave our monitors on. It is better for the monitor power supply to leave
    it do its own standby condition. As long as the screen is not lit, the CRT
    or display is being saved in its hours of life span.

    --

    Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG

    Jerry G., Jun 30, 2004