Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JayJay, Dec 21, 2007.

  1. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    Friends new computer built by local firm.
    >> Vista Home Premium
    >> Asus P5N-E SLI Socket T Motherboard
    >> Viewsonic VG2021M Monitor
    >> Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 Ghz
    >> Cooler Master Case with 420 PSU
    >> Asus nVida GeForce 8400GS PCI-Express Video Card
    >>
    >> If the monitor is turned on prior to starting the computer everything
    >> boots and works okay.
    >> If the computer is turned on and starts Windows before the monitor is
    >> turned on, the monitor stays in standby (sleep) mode and the only way
    >> to get out of standby mode is to reset the computer.

    I recently posted the above problem asking for advice. Thought I would
    let the people kind enough to reply that the problem has been
    corrected by a replacement monitor from ViewSonic. Thanks to Mark and
    Chris from Paradigm, and ViewSonic.

    JayJay, Dec 21, 2007

  2. JayJay

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "JayJay" typed:
    > Friends new computer built by local firm.
    >>> Vista Home Premium
    >>> Asus P5N-E SLI Socket T Motherboard
    >>> Viewsonic VG2021M Monitor
    >>> Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33 Ghz
    >>> Cooler Master Case with 420 PSU
    >>> Asus nVida GeForce 8400GS PCI-Express Video Card
    >>>
    >>> If the monitor is turned on prior to starting the computer
    >>> everything boots and works okay.
    >>> If the computer is turned on and starts Windows before the monitor
    >>> is turned on, the monitor stays in standby (sleep) mode and the
    >>> only way to get out of standby mode is to reset the computer.

    > I recently posted the above problem asking for advice. Thought I would
    > let the people kind enough to reply that the problem has been
    > corrected by a replacement monitor from ViewSonic. Thanks to Mark and
    > Chris from Paradigm, and ViewSonic.

    Thanks for letting us know the outcome JayJay.
    --
    TTFN,

    Shaun.

    "another academic failure.... trying to prove that your smart"
    'blanking', nz.comp, 20 Dec 2007.

    "your so predictable misfit"
    'blanking', nz.comp, 21 Dec 2007.

    ~misfit~, Dec 21, 2007