    desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
    don't know the exact name.

    Thank you.
    Richard Fangnail, May 6, 2006

  2. Richard Fangnail

    Trax Guest

    "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote:

    |>What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
    |>desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
    |>don't know the exact name.

    Well programmers refer to it as the CON port.

    --
    *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    Trax, May 6, 2006

  3. Richard Fangnail

    Zitty Guest

    "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote in message
    > What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
    > desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
    > don't know the exact name.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Monitor Port
    Zitty, May 6, 2006
  4. Richard Fangnail

    Beck Guest

    > What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
    > desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
    > don't know the exact name.

    VGA socket usually.
    Beck, May 6, 2006
  5. Richard Fangnail

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Richard Fangnail wrote:

    > What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
    > desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
    > don't know the exact name.
    >
    > Thank you.

    There usually isn't a name but an icon of a monitor. If
    any maker were to assign a name, it would probably be
    "video", and it would be a female DB-15 port.
    Mistoffolees, May 6, 2006
  6. Richard Fangnail

    Mr C Guest

    It is a D-sub female DE-15 VGA connector.

    Mr C.

    Richard Fangnail has brought this to us :

    Mr C, May 6, 2006
  7. Richard Fangnail

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-06, Beck <> wrote:

    > "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote in message
    >> What is the exact name for the monitor port on the backs of most
    >> desktop computers? (Not Macintosh) I know what it looks like but I
    >> don't know the exact name.

    > VGA socket usually.

    Or DVI if it's 'digital' rather than 'analogue'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 6, 2006
  8. Richard Fangnail

    Oedipus Rex Guest

    Mr C <> said in news:mn.34ca7d65e6e2e84c.54346
    @yahoo.com:

    > It is a D-sub female DE-15 VGA connector.
    >
    > Mr C.

    I knew that........

    Oedipus Rex, May 7, 2006