    conccave inside(middle portion),it resumed after striking sevral light
    blows to it's body.
    What is this Problem?How can I trouble shoot this?

    Thaqalain, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    Kenny Guest

    It's the part of the circuit known as East/West correction which is at
    fault, this fault is common in TV's as well. If tapping it corrects it it's
    likely just a dry solder joint. A good TV engineer should be able to fix it
    at reasonable cost.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    I read some relevant problems,I am pasting it:
    Source:
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/monfaq.htm#monmtoffaw

    Excessive width/pincushioning problems
    This would mean that the left and right sides of the picture are
    'bowed' and the screen looks something like the diagram below (or the
    opposite - barrel distortion).
    However, the obvious symptoms may just be excess width as the curved
    sides may be cut off by the CRT bezel.

    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    \ /
    | |
    | |
    | |
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \
    / \

    This geometry is the natural state of affairs with linear scan
    waveforms if there were no correction. Normally, a signal from the
    vertical deflection that looks something like a rectified sinewave is
    used to modify width based on vertical position. There is usually a
    control to adjust the magnitude of this signal and also often, its
    phase. It would seem that this circuit has ceased to function.

    If you have the schematics, check them for 'pincushion' adjustments and
    check signals and voltages. If not, try to find the 'pincushion'
    magnitude and phase adjustments and look for bad parts or bad
    connections in in the general area. Even if there are no adjustment
    pots, there may still be pincushion correction circuitry.

    If the pincushion controls have absolutely no effect, then the circuit
    is faulty. With modern digital setup adjustments, then it is even
    tougher to diagnose since these control a D/A somewhere linked via a
    microprocessor.

    Pincushion adjustment adds a signal to the horizontal deflection to
    compensate for the geometry of the CRT/deflection yoke. If you have
    knobs, then tracing the circuitry may be possible. With luck, you have
    a bad part that can be identified with an ohmmeter - shorted or open.
    For example, if the pincushion correction driver transistor is shorted,
    it will have no effect and the picture will be too wide and distorted
    as shown above.

    However, without a schematic even this will be difficult. If the
    adjustments are digital this is especially difficult to diagnose since
    you don't even have any idea of where the circuitry would be located.

    Faulty capacitors in the horizontal deflection power supplies often
    cause a similar set of symptoms.

    Thaqalain, Jun 7, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Can anyone explain which part i should replace to fix it?

    Thaqalain, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Thaqalain

    phil Guest

    try mike lins startup control prog. it gives u loads of options on programs
    that start up when your pc starts.
    http://www.mlin.net/

    Phil.

    phil, Jun 10, 2005