    Problem..

    Thanks
    Cross
    cross, Aug 28, 2007

  2. cross

    dadiOH Guest

    cross wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
    > with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
    > before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime
    > when i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when
    > we Press Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a
    > problem, i was carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck
    > would have it, now the monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed
    > Monitor Button for Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose
    > Connection and trying Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now
    > i Could hear windows getting boot up and the welcome music, every
    > time when it starts..But literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone
    > Please Help out Regarding this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs
    > Further info to rectify the Problem..

    I bought a new monitor 4-5 months ago because my three year old
    monitor did exactly the same thing as yours.

    Have you considered the possibility that your monitor is toast? You
    can tell by hooking up another monitor.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Aug 28, 2007

  3. cross

    John Holmes Guest

    dadiOH "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > cross wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
    >> with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
    >> before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime
    >> when i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when
    >> we Press Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a
    >> problem, i was carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck
    >> would have it, now the monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed
    >> Monitor Button for Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose
    >> Connection and trying Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now
    >> i Could hear windows getting boot up and the welcome music, every
    >> time when it starts..But literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone
    >> Please Help out Regarding this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs
    >> Further info to rectify the Problem..

    > I bought a new monitor 4-5 months ago because my three year old
    > monitor did exactly the same thing as yours.
    >
    > Have you considered the possibility that your monitor is toast? You
    > can tell by hooking up another monitor.

    Do you have any spare power supply? I once connected a second hand
    monitor to the GF's box and the monitor wouldn't "start". It did when I
    connected it to any of my own boxes. I guessed the monitor did not get
    enough power to switch on, so I put a fresh power supply I had sitting
    around in the GF's box and all was well.

    --
    Your mother was a vegetarian chemist who ate worms underneath a bus
    shelter.
    John Holmes, Aug 28, 2007
  4. cross

    John Holmes Guest

    dadiOH "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > cross wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
    >> with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
    >> before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime
    >> when i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when
    >> we Press Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a
    >> problem, i was carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck
    >> would have it, now the monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed
    >> Monitor Button for Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose
    >> Connection and trying Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now
    >> i Could hear windows getting boot up and the welcome music, every
    >> time when it starts..But literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone
    >> Please Help out Regarding this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs
    >> Further info to rectify the Problem..

    > I bought a new monitor 4-5 months ago because my three year old
    > monitor did exactly the same thing as yours.
    >
    > Have you considered the possibility that your monitor is toast? You
    > can tell by hooking up another monitor.

    Yeah, I know. My previous reply was meant for the OP. Sorry for that,
    dadiOH.

    --
    <snip automated sig>
    John Holmes, Aug 28, 2007