    windows re-install it. Still not fixed.

    .....if anyone has any other good suggestions to try they would be
    appreciated, thx
    Dennis, Apr 15, 2009

  2. Dennis

    sandy58 Guest

    On Apr 15, 5:13 am, Dennis <> wrote:
    > - Windows XP was reinstalled
    >
    > - Now when I try to change the resolution of this monitor to it's max
    > 1680x1050 @ 32 bits... the highest I can get it is: 1600x900 @ 32 bits
    > OR 1680x1050 @ 16 bits; it will no longer allow the proper color
    > quality with the maximum resolution.
    >
    > - I reinstalled Nvidia drivers and DirectX. No love.
    >
    > - I went to device manager, uninstalled my monitor, reboot, let
    > windows re-install it. Still not fixed.
    >
    > ....if anyone has any other good suggestions to try they would be
    > appreciated, thx

    Did you reinstall your chipset drivers (that came on cd with
    motherboard)? Post motherboard details for help finding drivers here.
    sandy58, Apr 15, 2009

  3. Dennis

    Tony Guest

    Check that the refresh rate of the monitor is set to its' lowest level of
    60 megahertz.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Apr 15, 2009
  4. Dennis

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 04:31:24 -0400, Tony wrote:

    >Check that the refresh rate of the monitor is set to its' lowest level of
    >60 megahertz.

    That will be the 60Hz option :)

    >Dennis wrote:
    >
    >> - Windows XP was reinstalled
    >>
    >> - Now when I try to change the resolution of this monitor to it's max
    >> 1680x1050 @ 32 bits... the highest I can get it is: 1600x900 @ 32 bits
    >> OR 1680x1050 @ 16 bits; it will no longer allow the proper color
    >> quality with the maximum resolution.

    <snip>