    useful, as at this point I'm just trying to figure out a way to turn
    my computer on!

    , Aug 25, 2007

  2. Buffalo Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi everyone, my problem is that the monitor is permanently in sleep
    > mode. The monitor light switches to green when I first turn on the
    > computer but it quickly switches back to orange. The only thing I've
    > done recently is try to switch the ethernet card but I don't see how
    > that could be related. Any assistance or advice would be extremely
    > useful, as at this point I'm just trying to figure out a way to turn
    > my computer on!

    If you were inside the computer itself, it's possible you partially unseated
    the video card or a connection somewhere.
    If you have a different monitor to use, try it.

    Buffalo, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone, my problem is that the monitor is permanently in sleep
    > mode. The monitor light switches to green when I first turn on the
    > computer but it quickly switches back to orange. The only thing I've
    > done recently is try to switch the ethernet card but I don't see how
    > that could be related. Any assistance or advice would be extremely
    > useful, as at this point I'm just trying to figure out a way to turn
    > my computer on!

    Could be the monitor isn't getting a signal from your video card.
    Turn the monitor on *first* so it warms up (if a CRT monitor) so you
    can see any "out of band" or other sync error message that the monitor
    might display.

    You sure you reconnected the video cable or ensure it was secure?

    Vanguard, Aug 25, 2007
  4. nobody > Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi everyone, my problem is that the monitor is permanently in sleep
    > mode. The monitor light switches to green when I first turn on the
    > computer but it quickly switches back to orange. The only thing I've
    > done recently is try to switch the ethernet card but I don't see how
    > that could be related. Any assistance or advice would be extremely
    > useful, as at this point I'm just trying to figure out a way to turn
    > my computer on!

    Video cable loose on either end? Video card knocked slightly
    astray/unseated slightly when you were "in the box" mucking around with
    the NIC?

    nobody >, Aug 25, 2007
  5. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone, my problem is that the monitor is permanently in sleep
    > mode. The monitor light switches to green when I first turn on the
    > computer but it quickly switches back to orange. The only thing I've
    > done recently is try to switch the ethernet card but I don't see how
    > that could be related. Any assistance or advice would be extremely
    > useful, as at this point I'm just trying to figure out a way to turn
    > my computer on!

    And what is the COMPUTER doing? Okay, your monitor is "sleeping" - that
    means it's getting no signal. So the suggestions to reseat your vidoe card
    and check other connections inside the PC are all excellent. But is your
    hard drive running? Is your motherboard powering up? Fans turning? Lights on
    the PC coming on? You should list any symptoms you have on that end of the
    connection.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi everyone, my problem is that the monitor is permanently in sleep
    > mode. The monitor light switches to green when I first turn on the
    > computer but it quickly switches back to orange. The only thing I've
    > done recently is try to switch the ethernet card but I don't see how
    > that could be related. Any assistance or advice would be extremely
    > useful, as at this point I'm just trying to figure out a way to turn
    > my computer on!

    It seems that you also have to reseat your video card now as when you
    took the PC cover off to install the Ethernet card the video/agp card
    may now be mis-seated.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 28, 2007