Monitor interface is down

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by captain Zod, May 10, 2005.

  1. captain Zod

    captain Zod Guest

    Have monitoring going on a destination port on a C2950:

    monitor session 1 source interface Gi0/2
    monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/4 ingress vlan 1

    I also had the above without the ingress vlan 1. The Fa0/4 shows up /
    down:
    FastEthernet0/4 is up, line protocol is down (monitoring)
    Hardware is Fast Ethernet, address is 0012.803f.af44 (bia
    0012.803f.af44)
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 1000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 92/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, media type is 100BaseTX
    input flow-control is unsupported output flow-control is unsupported
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last input never, output 00:09:23, output hang never
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
    40958 packets input, 3276630 bytes, 0 no buffer

    So what's going on with the protocol down? Can't figure this out!

    thx

    captain Zod, May 10, 2005

  2. captain Zod

    captain Zod Guest

    After doing some research, it looks like I have to have another
    interface on the machine to be able to log into. Now my question is can
    this interface be in the same lan? I should be able to do this. Because
    the monitoring interface will be down anyway?

    captain Zod, May 10, 2005