Monitor goes Rest Mode on Bootup - Cannot See/Edit BIOS

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jack, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Ok I give up what is the problem?

    I have a Dell Dimension XPS T500 w/video card Matrox Millennium G200
    AGP
    Whether flat screen (IBM T55D) or a standard VGA monitor are plugged
    in, when the PC boots, the screen quickly goes into 'hibernate' yellow
    light at the moment where I need to see the bios settings (I think a
    blue dell startup logo should come up but I can't see this logo as
    screen is in hibernate mode then as well). Computer then continues to
    boot normally and screen comes on as windows 2000 loads. Not being
    able to see BIOS screen makes changes impossible.

    Any ideas? I have tried getting different updates for the motherboard
    and
    G200 BIOS, drivers and utilities. I have tried turning off power
    management in windows SW but I'm not sure if there is some confilct
    w/power management built into the motherboard.

    Any suggestions much appreciated.

    Thanks-Jack
    Jack, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Jack

    HF Guest

    Why not hold down whatever key you need to invole setup (Del etc) and see if
    your setup is visible then.

    HF, Oct 7, 2003