Monitor goes blank for no reason?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Leonardo, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Leonardo

    Leonardo Guest

    I formatted and did a clean install of Windows XP Pro
    Everything seamed to work ok till my Monitor started toTurn itself
    off for no apparent reason like it does when it goes on stand by only
    when it goes Blank now even moving the mouse the monitor wont come
    back on what could be cosign this problem?
    I Turned My Power Schemes Always On in Power Options
    but the Monitor still goes blank for no reason and the little green
    light starts flashing I can't get it to come back on the only way I
    can get the monitor to work again is buy pressing the RESET button and
    restarting my computer!
    I checked my Drivers in Device Manager everything seems to be ok there
    all my hardware is detected
    I scanned my system for viruses everything seems to be ok there
    running Intel Pentium III
    868 MHz
    128 of RAM

    Monitor SyncMaster 753DF

    Any help would be much appreciated thank you!
    Leonardo, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Leonardo

    Sano Guest

    Best guess, if the cables are snug and in good shape... the monitor is
    taking a dive.

    The blinking green light is a cue. Look on the site for the monitor or your
    owners manual.

    I had a Sony do similar things, blinking light, can't recall if I had any
    screen difficulties. Inside of a week the monitor took a dump. Though it
    was under warraty.

    Sano, Feb 19, 2004