    if I were ever to become wealthy, I'd be happy to bestow mounds of
    wonderful gifts on you.

    Thanks.

    Cray, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Cray

    nos1eep Guest

    On 13 Aug 2005 09:44:33 -0700, "Cray" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >My cat sat on my keyboard as I was using my computer. I don't know what
    >keys his rear end pressed, but the entire display went horizontal - the
    >top of the page is now on the left and I have a kink in my neck from
    >trying to fix the problem.
    >
    >I've right clicked on taskbar, screen, etc., and I've gone into control
    >panel, display, etc., and I looked in a few Windows XP books at the
    >library to figure out how to get things upright again - all with no
    >luck. I didn't think it would be this hard to troubleshoot.
    >
    >I'm so frustrated now that I haven't the patience to search the net for
    >answers.
    >
    >Can anyone help me with this? I would really, really appreciate it, and
    >if I were ever to become wealthy, I'd be happy to bestow mounds of
    >wonderful gifts on you.
    >
    >Thanks.

    What display adapter are you running?
    __

    -nos1eep

    Ignorance is temporary, stupidity lasts a lifetime.

    nos1eep, Aug 13, 2005

  3. "Cray" <> wrote in message
    > My cat sat on my keyboard as I was using my computer. I don't know what
    > keys his rear end pressed, but the entire display went horizontal - the
    > top of the page is now on the left and I have a kink in my neck from
    > trying to fix the problem.
    >
    > I've right clicked on taskbar, screen, etc., and I've gone into control
    > panel, display, etc., and I looked in a few Windows XP books at the
    > library to figure out how to get things upright again - all with no
    > luck. I didn't think it would be this hard to troubleshoot.
    >
    > I'm so frustrated now that I haven't the patience to search the net for
    > answers.
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this? I would really, really appreciate it, and
    > if I were ever to become wealthy, I'd be happy to bestow mounds of
    > wonderful gifts on you.

    Turn the monitor on it's side.
    I will have a Ferrari :O)

    Donald McTrevor, Aug 14, 2005
  4. Cray

    Cray Guest

    I've got the IntelĀ®82865G Graphics Controller.

    Cray, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Cray

    Cray Guest

    My neighbor helped me out. There is a way to rotate the whole display,
    so she rotated it back, then locked it up so it won't happen again.

    Cray

    Cray, Aug 14, 2005
  6. Cray

    Cray Guest

    I didn't exactly say I'd bestow gifts of *your* choice, now did I?
    (evil laugh)

    Cray, Aug 14, 2005
  7. "Cray" <> wrote in message

    > My neighbor helped me out. There is a way to rotate the whole display,
    > so she rotated it back, then locked it up so it won't happen again.

    Ah ha I was right!!!!
    Make it a red one.

    Donald McTrevor, Aug 14, 2005
  8. Cray

    Cray Guest

    AGHH! The "display," not the monitor!!!!! There's a difference - I
    looked in a glossary!

    Cray, Aug 16, 2005
  9. Cray

    meme Guest

    My monitor display is doing similar strange things too. How did your
    neighbour fix your problem?

    Thanks

    meme, Aug 30, 2005