    wherever, what did you do to bring your stuff up to reasonable
    condition?

    Thanks!

    Scratch, May 16, 2007

  2. Scratch wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a notebook for sale. It's an old one, but it, I though, would
    > be nice to clean up as much as I could. I tried wiping its monitor
    > with glasses-cleaning-kit thing; but, somehow not like says it, it
    > leaves some white stripes on screen... I thought about using dishsoap
    > solution soaked wipes to do so as long as it's not a stupid idea.
    >
    > And, the keyboard! Please tell me what to do this it! Using a vac is
    > something on my mind for the dust.
    >
    > I need a few tips. If you have sold your hardware(s) on eBay or
    > wherever, what did you do to bring your stuff up to reasonable
    > condition?

    Do what what you were thinking about soap, but be very careful to use a
    cloth that is not too wet. Little droplets running down the screen can
    short out pixels. Same on the keyboard, be careful to not use too much
    water.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 16, 2007

  3. Scratch

    loOP9 Guest

    On May 16, 4:41 am, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    > Scratch wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I have a notebook for sale. It's an old one, but it, I though, would
    > > be nice to clean up as much as I could. I tried wiping its monitor
    > > with glasses-cleaning-kit thing; but, somehow not like says it, it
    > > leaves some white stripes on screen... I thought about using dishsoap
    > > solution soaked wipes to do so as long as it's not a stupid idea.

    > > And, the keyboard! Please tell me what to do this it! Using a vac is
    > > something on my mind for the dust.

    > > I need a few tips. If you have sold your hardware(s) on eBay or
    > > wherever, what did you do to bring your stuff up to reasonable
    > > condition?

    > Do what what you were thinking about soap, but be very careful to use a
    > cloth that is not too wet. Little droplets running down the screen can
    > short out pixels. Same on the keyboard, be careful to not use too much
    > water.

    I use an alcohol/water solution. Like the previous poster suggests,
    use a damp cloth, not wet, and mix about 50/50 rubbing alcohol and
    water. Works pretty good.

    loOP9, May 16, 2007
  4. Scratch

    Guest

    Scratch <> wrote:

    >I have a notebook for sale. It's an old one, but it, I though, would
    >be nice to clean up as much as I could. I tried wiping its monitor
    >with glasses-cleaning-kit thing; but, somehow not like says it, it
    >leaves some white stripes on screen... I thought about using dishsoap
    >solution soaked wipes to do so as long as it's not a stupid idea.

    Just don't use Ammonia on the screen, it will eat away at the anti
    glare coating.
    --

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40865443@N00/499142480/

    , May 16, 2007