Monitor Connector

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007.

  1. Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Leythos Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 10:21:27 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    > having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >
    > And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    The base of the "Tower" clearly has support for 5 active monitors.

    *** WARNING - this links contains foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/leythos.htm
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunter.htm
    Leythos, May 7, 2007

  3. Leythos wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 May 2007 10:21:27 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    >> having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >>
    >> And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    > The base of the "Tower" clearly has support for 5 active monitors.

    Hmph. Now I need more graphics cards. There's always something.

    They *really* hosed that ad. Not only the wrong picture and a
    misspelled city name, but the features list is for both a tower *and* a
    computer desk.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007
  4. Blinky the Shark

    Mike Easter Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > the features list is for both a tower *and*
    > a computer desk.

    The 'tower' is a computer station [without seat], bottom shelf, sliding
    keyboard shelf, desk level main surface, and 'upper' surface above the
    monitor.

    I have something similar beside me except mine is on wheels, and/but
    mine doesn't have the uppermost surface/shelf. An illustration of the
    cosmo computer tower looks to me like the bottom shelf would get in the
    way of your feet. On mine the wheels make the bottom surface high
    enough that your feet can go under.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 7, 2007
  5. Mike Easter wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> the features list is for both a tower *and*
    >> a computer desk.

    > The 'tower' is a computer station [without seat], bottom shelf, sliding
    > keyboard shelf, desk level main surface, and 'upper' surface above the
    > monitor.

    When did they start calling furniture "towers"?

    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007
  6. Blinky the Shark

    Mike Easter Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >>> the features list is for both a tower *and*
    >>> a computer desk.

    >> The 'tower' is a computer station [without seat], bottom shelf,
    >> sliding keyboard shelf, desk level main surface, and 'upper' surface
    >> above the monitor.

    > When did they start calling furniture "towers"?

    I guess when the furniture grew to 4 levels or tiers above the floor to
    a height of 54" or 135 cm.

    Amazon files this in the kitchen/housewares section, presumably because
    the surfaces are in blue or purple spatter. I much prefer mine's wood
    appearance and I definitely like mine's wheels, which is what it is all
    about. All of that height of the cosmo tower version wouldn't be so
    good for rolling stability. So, the cosmo tower traded off wheels for
    height and that top shelf, which would be near eye level.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, May 7, 2007
  7. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    > having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.

    I've seen quite wacky computer cases on some modding websites, like
    this one:

    http://www.playright.dk/screens/xchair_xbx_01.jpg

    Maybe they're trying to branch out?

    > And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    You'll just have to go to the Woodland Hills then.
    Mikko Peltoniemi, May 7, 2007
  8. Blinky the Shark

    Vanguard Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    > having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >
    > And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    So were supposed to believer that the ad presented at blinkynet.net is
    the same one advertised at frys.com. Explain how you confused a chair
    (which is what you chose for the image file at the time that I looked)
    with a computer. Since you can't tell the two apart, you should not
    touch computers and focus on the best shovel for digging those ditches.
    Vanguard, May 7, 2007
  9. Blinky the Shark

    > When did they start calling furniture "towers"?

    Since when did any company excerise terrorist control over an advertiser
    with whom they contracted to print their ads and what was what you
    scanned in instead of going to fry's site?
    Vanguard, May 7, 2007
  10. Blinky the Shark

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-05-07, Mike Easter <> wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The 'tower' is a computer station [without seat], bottom shelf,
    >>> sliding keyboard shelf, desk level main surface, and 'upper' surface
    >>> above the monitor.

    >> When did they start calling furniture "towers"?

    > I guess when the furniture grew to 4 levels or tiers above the floor to
    > a height of 54" or 135 cm.
    >
    > Amazon files this in the kitchen/housewares section, presumably because
    > the surfaces are in blue or purple spatter. I much prefer mine's wood
    > appearance and I definitely like mine's wheels, which is what it is all
    > about. All of that height of the cosmo tower version wouldn't be so
    > good for rolling stability. So, the cosmo tower traded off wheels for
    > height and that top shelf, which would be near eye level.

    Over here, we call them 'desks'. A 'computer tower' is a computer case
    which is a lot taller than it is wide, usually holding the motherboard in a
    vertical position.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 7, 2007
  11. Blinky the Shark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 10:21:27 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    > having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >
    > And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    I'm sitting on a tower just like the one in the picture. I gave up trying
    to plug stuff into it and rather than dump the damn thing I found that it
    was just the right height for sitting on.:)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, May 7, 2007
  12. Blinky the Shark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2007 08:12:52 -0500, Vanguard wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    >> having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >>
    >> And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    > So were supposed to believer that the ad presented at blinkynet.net is
    > the same one advertised at frys.com. Explain how you confused a chair
    > (which is what you chose for the image file at the time that I looked)
    > with a computer. Since you can't tell the two apart, you should not
    > touch computers and focus on the best shovel for digging those ditches.

    Did you EVER have a sense of humour or did you lose it somewhere along
    the way?

    Aardvark, May 7, 2007
  13. Blinky the Shark

    DT Guest

    >I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    >having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >
    >http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg

    There's an auntenny sticking out the side. I think it's wireless.

    --
    Dennis
    DT, May 7, 2007
  14. Blinky the Shark

    Bill Turlock Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    > having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >
    > http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >
    > And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    That's amazing! I buy the Merc (S.J. Mercury-News) or the CoCo
    Times every Friday just for the 8-pager, and I scrutinize it
    minutely, and have done for over ten years. I've never seen such
    an egregious error as that around here.

    Bill
    Bill Turlock, May 7, 2007
  15. Blinky the Shark

    Stara Suka Guest

    :
    : http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    :
    : And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)
    :
    :
    : --
    : Blinky RLU
    297263
    : Killing all posts from Google Groups
    : The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    I would really have to think twice about shopping at a place that
    could make that many errors in one advertisement.
    Stara Suka, May 7, 2007
  16. Blinky the Shark

    Stara Suka Guest

    My eldest daughter and youngest son want that chair.

    "Mikko Peltoniemi" <> wrote in message
    :
    Stara Suka, May 7, 2007
  17. Blinky the Shark

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Stara Suka" <> wrote in message
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > :I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and
    > I'm
    > : having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    > :
    > : http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    > :
    > : And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)
    > :
    >
    > I would really have to think twice about shopping at a place that
    > could make that many errors in one advertisement.

    I had to laugh at your comment, since we have a habit of really screwing up
    our first orders for new customers where I work. If there is any way to get
    it wrong, we do. Or it gets broken in shipping. Or whatever. We usually warn
    the customer up front that we expect it to happen <g>

    Seems like after the first really big screwup, things settle right down into
    a good manufacturer/reseller relationship :)
    WhzzKdd, May 7, 2007
  18. Vanguard wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" wrote in message
    >> When did they start calling furniture "towers"?

    > Since when did any company excerise terrorist control over an advertiser
    > with whom they contracted to print their ads and what was what you
    > scanned in instead of going to fry's site?

    If that means "is that a scan from their weekly newspaper ad?", the
    answer is "yes".

    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007
  19. Vanguard wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >>I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    >> having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.
    >>
    >> http://blinkynet.net/stuff/comp/frys_tower.jpg
    >>
    >> And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    > So were supposed to believer that the ad presented at blinkynet.net is
    > the same one advertised at frys.com. Explain how you confused a chair
    > (which is what you chose for the image file at the time that I looked)
    > with a computer. Since you can't tell the two apart, you should not
    > touch computers and focus on the best shovel for digging those ditches.

    Dude, it's a scan of their newspaper ad. Period.

    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007
  20. Mikko Peltoniemi wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> I just picked up one of these towers (see ad text) at Fry's, and I'm
    >> having trouble figuring out where to plug in my monitor.

    > I've seen quite wacky computer cases on some modding websites, like
    > this one:
    >
    > http://www.playright.dk/screens/xchair_xbx_01.jpg
    >
    > Maybe they're trying to branch out?
    >
    >> And note the reference to "Burnback" (Burbank). :)

    > You'll just have to go to the Woodland Hills then.

    I'm between the two, but Burbank is closer and, at least to my eye,
    bigger. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 7, 2007