    Anyone know of software that will enable me to monitor my connection
    to a news server to detect or at least prove constant but fractional
    breaks in the connection?

    EricP, Jun 30, 2005

  2. EricP

    Steve P Guest

    NetMedic
    by
    VitalSigns.
    the old one

    Steve P, Jun 30, 2005

  3. EricP

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:34:58 GMT, "Steve P" <>
    babbled like a waterfall and said:

    >NetMedic
    >by
    >VitalSigns.
    >the old one

    Thank you sir.

    Off there now
    :)

    EricP, Jun 30, 2005
  4. EricP

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:07:50 GMT, EricP wrote:

    To help avoid spam getting to BY servers or yourself, read this -
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid

    >Anyone know of software that will enable me to monitor my connection
    >to a news server to detect or at least prove constant but fractional
    >breaks in the connection?

    It's not 1 of the BY servers is it?

    You can see the basic connection info , socket state and server
    addresses using something like Karen's LAN Monitor
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptlanmon.asp

    That's a sort of high level view of what's going on.

    For any real detail (possibly more than you thought was possible) , to
    see the connections opening , data transfer and possible fault you
    really need to run something a lot more complex like a packet sniffer.

    2 good free products are , you only need 1 of these.

    Ethereal
    http://www.ethereal.com/

    and

    Analyzer
    http://analyzer.polito.it/

    In either case you need the packet capture driver
    http://netgroup-serv.polito.it/winpcap/install/Default.htm

    Me

    why?, Jun 30, 2005