    multiple PCs
    (6) does not force me to re-calibrate after a fix time
    (7) Under $300.

    peter, Feb 23, 2007

  2. peter

    Roy G Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    news:CLqDh.1894$4J4.1293@trnddc01...
    >I want to buy one, but it is very difficult to gather the information I
    >want. I'm looking for one that
    >
    > lets me choose 1, 2, or 3
    > (1) allows me to calibrate the monitor using the controls on the monitor
    > and the video driver (no startup app)
    > (2) or creates an ICC profile that I can load into the display driver
    > (running in windowsXP) (no startup app)
    > (3) or creates a startup app like adobe gamma
    >
    > (4) generates a gamut of the monitor after it finished calibration. So
    > that I can compare two monitors' gamut
    > (5) allows calibrating dual-head monitor; allows calibrating monitors on
    > multiple PCs
    > (6) does not force me to re-calibrate after a fix time
    > (7) Under $300.

    Hi.

    Spyder Pro 2 will do the following.

    Guide you through using the monitor Controls to Calibrate, then will make
    and install a Monitor Profile.

    Every time you boot it will confirm that the Profile is loaded into the
    Video Card.

    You can select how often you want to Re-calibrate.

    It cannot, (and I suspect none can), calibrate and profile for a dual head
    Card on a Windows system, but can do so on a Mac. It can profile 2 Monitors
    provided they are each on separate Cards.

    It can be used on multiple machines.

    I don't know about comparing Gamuts, or USA prices.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Feb 23, 2007