    Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and software), but it's
    ready for replacement. What's the best?

    Thanks.

    technician, Jan 26, 2004

  2. technician

    PTRAVEL Guest

    "technician" <> wrote in message
    news:rWgRb.28550$...
    > Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
    >
    > I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble

    maintaining
    > color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi monitor systems.
    > Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and software), but

    it's
    > ready for replacement. What's the best?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'm very satisfied with Spyder by Colorvision. Works great with CRT and LCD
    monitors.

    PTRAVEL, Jan 26, 2004

  3. technician

    Gretch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:56:23 +0000, technician wrote:

    > Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
    >
    > I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble
    > maintaining color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi
    > monitor systems. Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and
    > software), but it's ready for replacement. What's the best?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I, too, have Spyder. Seems to work fine. It is unfortunate that monitors
    don't have an auto function whereby the user would simply reset the
    monitor to perfect. Better yet, why not push for an industry-wide
    standard whereby all one does it visit a website and the monitor gets
    reset automatically? Makes sense to me.

    Gretch, Jan 26, 2004
  4. technician

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
    >
    > I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble
    > maintaining color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi
    > monitor systems. Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and
    > software), but it's ready for replacement. What's the best?

    The three I know about (without really digging) are the Colorvision
    Sypder/Optical, the Monaco and the Eye-One. I've used the Sypder for a few
    years and have been happy with it.

    From what I've heard (including from Apple Computer ace and digital printing
    guru Bill Atkinson) the Eye-One is the best though.

    Bill Hilton, Jan 27, 2004
  5. technician

    KBob Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:56:23 GMT, "technician"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
    >
    >I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble maintaining
    >color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi monitor systems.
    >Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and software), but it's
    >ready for replacement. What's the best?
    >
    >Thanks.

    I use the ColorVision SpyderPro with Optical, works fine with my LCD
    also, a ViewSonic VX2000 and others.

    KBob, Jan 27, 2004
  6. technician

    Gretch Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:28:13 -0800, AT wrote:

    > who sells them?

    I bought mine from http://www.logix-usa.com/
    Excellent service and fair pricing.

    Gretch, Jan 27, 2004
  7. technician

    AT Guest

    who sells them?

    AT, Jan 27, 2004
  8. On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:28:13 -0800, " AT" <>
    wrote:

    > who sells them?

    BH Photo, and lots of other places.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Raphael Bustin, Jan 29, 2004
  9. technician

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Gretch <> wrote:
    > technician wrote:

    >> Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
    >>
    >> I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble
    >> maintaining color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi
    >> monitor systems. Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and
    >> software), but it's ready for replacement. What's the best?

    >I, too, have Spyder. Seems to work fine. It is unfortunate that monitors
    >don't have an auto function whereby the user would simply reset the
    >monitor to perfect.

    What's "perfect"?

    > Better yet, why not push for an industry-wide
    >standard whereby all one does it visit a website and the monitor gets
    >reset automatically? Makes sense to me.

    Monitors change color over time. The phosphors change as they get
    older and the electronics shift as they warm up. There is no
    "perfect" setting that you can use without actually checking the
    color of the display.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jan 31, 2004