    The only reason I want to do this is because there is a huge line down the
    left of my screen that didn't use to be there!! :(

    cOKe

    cOKe, Sep 22, 2003

  2. cOKe

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:51:00 +1200, "cOKe" <> wrote:

    >Only 10-12 of the wee pins inside the plug that attaches to my computer are
    >still straight! Can you chop off the end and put on a new plug? how do I go
    >about this.
    >
    >The only reason I want to do this is because there is a huge line down the
    >left of my screen that didn't use to be there!! :(
    >

    >cOKe

    You need a New Cable as you just can't solder a new plug on..

    Big , Sep 22, 2003

  3. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:42:08 +1200, Big scribbled:

    >On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:51:00 +1200, "cOKe" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Only 10-12 of the wee pins inside the plug that attaches to my computer are
    >>still straight! Can you chop off the end and put on a new plug? how do I go
    >>about this.
    >>
    >>The only reason I want to do this is because there is a huge line down the
    >>left of my screen that didn't use to be there!! :(
    >>

    >>cOKe
    >>

    >You need a New Cable as you just can't solder a new plug on..

    Why not? I've done it to one of my old monitors.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Sep 22, 2003
  4. cOKe

    lost Guest

    > You can't, even the pin ones use push pins..
    >
    > The Pins are to close together and with screen cables it is a problem in not
    > getting a short..

    Maybe find a broken monitor and chop the plug section off, then attach the lead
    to the good monitor's lead beyond where it is broken.

    lost, Sep 22, 2003
  5. cOKe

    Big Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:13:54 +1200, lost <> wrote:

    >> You can't, even the pin ones use push pins..
    >>
    >> The Pins are to close together and with screen cables it is a problem in not
    >> getting a short..

    >Maybe find a broken monitor and chop the plug section off, then attach the lead
    >to the good monitor's lead beyond where it is broken.

    What we do at work is to use a cable from a dud monitor..

    Big , Sep 22, 2003
  6. cOKe

    Enkidu Guest

    wrote:

    >Only 10-12 of the wee pins inside the plug that attaches to my computer are
    >still straight! Can you chop off the end and put on a new plug? how do I go
    >about this.
    >
    >The only reason I want to do this is because there is a huge line down the
    >left of my screen that didn't use to be there!! :(

    That's unlikely to be the cause of the problem but it's worth a crack,
    Nigel!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Sep 22, 2003
  7. cOKe

    M Guest

    From: <Big >
    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:50:04 +1200, "pete" <> wrote:
    > ><Big > wrote in message

    computer
    > >are

    > >go

    > >the
    > >> You need a New Cable as you just can't solder a new plug on..

    > >You can if you know what you're doing...oh, that was from Woger, hmmmm,
    > >explains it then

    > You can't,

    Who's pin are you trying to pull now ?

    Just because you can't solder a plug on doesn't mean others can't.

    What's http://dse.resultspage.com/search.php?w=p2710 then ?

    M, Sep 22, 2003
  8. cOKe

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:51:00 +1200, "cOKe" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Only 10-12 of the wee pins inside the plug that attaches to my computer are
    > >still straight! Can you chop off the end and put on a new plug? how do I go
    > >about this.
    > >
    > >The only reason I want to do this is because there is a huge line down the
    > >left of my screen that didn't use to be there!! :(
    > >

    > That's unlikely to be the cause of the problem but it's worth a crack,
    > Nigel!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff
    > --
    >
    > The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign
    > that the conspiracy is working.

    Hey Coke

    Are you in dunners (*@es.co.nz)????
    If so I have a couple of old monitors that are off to tip with cables
    you are welcome to if ya want 'em

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Sep 23, 2003
  9. cOKe

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bklo2g$s3o$>, says...
    > Only 10-12 of the wee pins inside the plug that attaches to my computer are
    > still straight! Can you chop off the end and put on a new plug? how do I go
    > about this.

    You don't want to do it. There are three rows of pins very close
    together, and the wires break easily.

    But there are probably only 12 pins in the plug anyway,

    Mainlander, Sep 25, 2003