    I don't understand the menu. It may be malfunctioning. Sometimes I
    malfunction too.

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Aug 14, 2005

  2. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What different ways are there to adjust the brightness of a computer
    > monitor. I just was given a KDS XF-9S Xtreme Flat 19" Monitor.
    > It is so much brighter than what I have been using. It needs toning
    > down in brightness. Can it be done using the Adobe Gamma setting in
    > control panel and if so what settings would I start with.
    > The buttons on the monitor don't seem to function properly or at least
    > I don't understand the menu. It may be malfunctioning. Sometimes I
    > malfunction too.

    Yeah - the Adobe Gamma applet will work fine. Play with it until you get the
    look you like. Unless you are doing desktop publishing, critical photo or
    video editing, etc., it won't matter much. I'd suggest an old trick from my
    TV repair days. When I was going to adjust a control inside a set, I'd tape
    a flag on my screwdriver, and write down the exact orientation of the
    control, and how far I moved it. That way I could put it back almost exactly
    where it was. So before you play with settings, write down what it is at
    currently. That way you can't really mess things up too bad.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 14, 2005

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:47:02 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >What different ways are there to adjust the brightness of a computer
    >monitor. I just was given a KDS XF-9S Xtreme Flat 19" Monitor.
    >It is so much brighter than what I have been using. It needs toning
    >down in brightness. Can it be done using the Adobe Gamma setting in
    >control panel and if so what settings would I start with.
    >The buttons on the monitor don't seem to function properly or at least
    >I don't understand the menu. It may be malfunctioning. Sometimes I
    >malfunction too.

    I think I got it. A certain combination of the four buttons eventually
    allowed me to change the settings. I am still not sure of the exact
    reasoning but I will figure it out eventually. I wonder if the more
    expensive monitors allow for on screen settings? I'm just not that
    much up on such.

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Aug 14, 2005