Monitor advice needed.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by David Hazelip, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Hi, my old 21 inch monitor needs replacing. Any recommendations? Thanks!

    David Hazelip, Aug 19, 2004

  2. David Hazelip

    Jerry G. Guest

    Most of the big name brand monitors are very good. I have a preference for
    Sony, and Viewsonic as a choice for CRT monitors. I like the Sony, and
    Samsung for the LCD types. Considering the way things are going, I would
    seriously consider an LCD monitor. The 17 inch size range of LCD monitor
    would be about the same as an 18 to 19 inch CRT type.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Aug 20, 2004

  3. David Hazelip

    Stuart Guest

    Jerry G. wrote:

    > Most of the big name brand monitors are very good. I have a preference for
    > Sony, and Viewsonic as a choice for CRT monitors. I like the Sony, and
    > Samsung for the LCD types. Considering the way things are going, I would
    > seriously consider an LCD monitor. The 17 inch size range of LCD monitor
    > would be about the same as an 18 to 19 inch CRT type.

    Iiyama have a very good 17" LCD monitor.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Aug 20, 2004
  4. David Hazelip

    James Baber Guest

    Another consideration you might consider:
    A monitor will use 10 times as much electricity as a LCD, and that the
    monitor will use more that the computer itself, particularly in the large screen
    sizes.

    David Hazelip wrote:
    > Hi, my old 21 inch monitor needs replacing. Any recommendations? Thanks!

    --

    Jim Baber

    (see my 10kW grid tied solar system at "www.baber.org")

    1350 W Mesa Ave.