    it up on my pc it works
    on her pc it says (no signal)
    can you help thanks jc

    james, Aug 2, 2005

  2. james

    Swiss Tony Guest

    "james" <> wrote in message
    news:dcnkm8$njd$-infra.bt.com...
    > hi having probs with grand daughters pc the moniter is blank but when i

    set
    > it up on my pc it works
    > on her pc it says (no signal)
    > can you help thanks jc

    Open the case up and make sure the graphics card is seated properly.
    Does it beep at all when it starts??

    Swiss Tony, Aug 2, 2005

  3. james

    james Guest

    hi thanks for info no bleeps shall check card and let you know jc

    james, Aug 2, 2005
  4. james

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Does your monitor work on her system?

    pcbutts1, Aug 2, 2005
  5. james

    The One Guest

    "james" <> wrote in message
    > hi thanks for info no bleeps shall check card and let you know jc

    Not even a POST beep?

    The One, Aug 2, 2005
  6. james

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:16:24 +0000 (UTC), "james" <> wrote:

    >hi having probs with grand daughters pc the moniter is blank but when i set
    >it up on my pc it works
    >on her pc it says (no signal)
    >can you help thanks jc

    Many possible reasons for this.
    Was the monitor working on her PC previously, or is this one new to her computer?
    Has it been disconnected and re-connected? If so, make sure it's connected to the proper graphics adapter. Some
    computers come with on-board graphics, but may have a graphics card added on. If an add-on card is installed, but the
    monitor is connected to the onboard, it may not display. Simple, but it happens quite often.

    As another suggested, try a known good monitor on her system, after checking the card (if there is one).

    If it is onboard graphics, and is bad, you may still be able to add an AGP or PCI card to bypass the onboard and get it
    going again.

    Harrison, Aug 2, 2005
  7. james

    pcbutts1 Guest

    STOP FORGING ME YOU BASTARD!

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Aug 2, 2005
  8. james

    G Guest

    I suggest this if the PC seems to make the normal PC startup sounds and
    there is no video. Try to start the PC in safemode.
    To do this press F8 as soon as the BIOS screen goes away after you first
    turn it on. (or RIGHT when the Windows 98/2000/XP screen comes up.
    This should allow for loading safe mode.
    It could be that her PC is set at a resolution that is higher than the
    monitor can handle and thus will not show any picure.
    If it works in safe mode then go to the device manager and remove the video
    adaptor and reboot.
    This should fix the problem if it is the incompatable resolution settings.

    Gregg
    -Houston

    G, Aug 3, 2005