    fairly certain about that one. If someone knows a command to find this
    information though, it would save me some driving to other sites.

    Thanks!
    factbased, Oct 26, 2006

  2. You may wish to investigate:

    Maintaining System Memory

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca737.html

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Oct 26, 2006

  3. factbased

    brink Guest

    factbased wrote:
    > Anyone know how to tell how much memory a module on a 7600 has?

    same as always I'd say, like this ?

    ServerSwitch#sho module
    Mod Ports Card Type Model
    Serial No.
    --- ----- -------------------------------------- ------------------
    -----------
    3 24 CEF720 24 port 1000mb SFP WS-X6724-SFP

    ServerSwitch#attach 3
    Trying Switch ...
    Entering CONSOLE for Switch
    Type "^C^C^C" to end this session

    ServerSwitch-cfc3#sho ver
    IOS (tm) c6lc2 Software (c6lc2-SP-VM), Version 12.2(18)SXF5, RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc3)
    Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
    Compiled Sat 08-Jul-06 06:57 by kellythw
    Image text-base: 0x01020150, data-base: 0x01021000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(14r)S5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    BOOTLDR:
    ServerMO uptime is 3 weeks, 3 days, 22 hours, 12 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    Running default software

    cisco Catalyst 6000 (SB1121) processor with 245760K/16384K bytes of
    memory.
    Processor board ID SAL1033Y5V9
    SB1121 Processor (Rev 32)
    SB-1 CPU at 400Mhz, Implementation 1025, Rev 0.3
    Last reset from power-on
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.

    Configuration register is 0x100

    ServerSwitch-cfc3#
    brink, Oct 27, 2006
  4. factbased

    Thrill5 Guest

    "factbased" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to tell how much memory a module on a 7600 has? In
    > particular I'm wondering about the ws-x6724-sfp (24 port sfp GigE) and
    > WS-X6748-GE-TX (48 port 10/100/1000 copper Ethernet). I don't see it in
    > "show ver", "show diagbus" or anywhere else in "show tech". There is a
    > diagnostic test for memory on a line card, but a "show diagnostic
    > result module 1 detail" command doesn't look like it would show the
    > memory size, only errors (and the test is rather disruptive). I did get
    > a look at the memory before installing the modules. One of them had
    > 256MB printed on it, and that's what I wanted. The other one didn't
    > state its size explicitly, but the chips on it (8 + 1 for parity) did
    > have 256 in the middle of a string of numbers and letters, so I feel
    > fairly certain about that one. If someone knows a command to find this
    > information though, it would save me some driving to other sites.
    >
    > Thanks!

    The memory on line cards is used for packet buffers. Check out the data
    sheet for the card which will tell you how much memory each port has for
    packet buffers.

    Scott
    Thrill5, Nov 1, 2006