    The portion that I presume has been cut has the gray colored rectangles
    on it, the same look when you make a background transparent.

    Is there some way I can see the cut out part also?

    Water Cooler v2, May 23, 2006

  2. Water Cooler v2

    Mike Hyndman Guest

    "Water Cooler v2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a PSD file that someone has sent me. Some portion of the photo
    > has been cut or something, I can't tell. I am not a graphics designer.
    > The portion that I presume has been cut has the gray colored rectangles
    > on it, the same look when you make a background transparent.
    >
    > Is there some way I can see the cut out part also?

    It sounds like the file is corrupted.

    MH

    Mike Hyndman, May 23, 2006

  3. Water Cooler v2

    Annika1980 Guest

    >It sounds like the file is corrupted.

    Either that or the gray colored part is on it's on layer.
    Send me the file and I'll check.

    Annika1980, May 23, 2006
  4. Water Cooler v2

    edjh Guest

    Water Cooler v2 wrote:
    > I have a PSD file that someone has sent me. Some portion of the photo
    > has been cut or something, I can't tell. I am not a graphics designer.
    > The portion that I presume has been cut has the gray colored rectangles
    > on it, the same look when you make a background transparent.
    >
    > Is there some way I can see the cut out part also?

    The gray checkerboard denotes Transparency. That means either part of
    the image has been erased and cannot be reclaimed or it's masked with a
    Layer Mask. Is there an icon to the right of the image icon in the
    Layers Palette? If so, click on it and paint on the mask with white and
    see if some image starts to appear.

    --
    Comic book sketches and artwork:
    http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

    edjh, May 24, 2006
  5. Water Cooler v2

    Hunt Guest

    In article <4474523c$0$3701$>,
    says...

    >Water Cooler v2 wrote:
    >> I have a PSD file that someone has sent me. Some portion of the photo
    >> has been cut or something, I can't tell. I am not a graphics designer.
    >> The portion that I presume has been cut has the gray colored rectangles
    >> on it, the same look when you make a background transparent.
    >>
    >> Is there some way I can see the cut out part also?
    >>

    >The gray checkerboard denotes Transparency. That means either part of
    >the image has been erased and cannot be reclaimed or it's masked with a
    >Layer Mask. Is there an icon to the right of the image icon in the
    >Layers Palette? If so, click on it and paint on the mask with white and
    >see if some image starts to appear.
    >
    >--
    >Comic book sketches and artwork:
    >http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
    >Comics art for sale:
    >http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

    Or Shift-click on the Mask icon (if there is one) to temporarily remove it's
    view. Does info on that Layer now become visible? Also, that Layer might be
    larger than the Canvas, and, unless Trimmed, may still be there, just beyond
    what you are able to see. The Canvas acts like a smaller window when the Layer
    size exceeds the Canvas size.

    All of this assumes that the PSD is Layered, and that the Layers were
    transmitted to you, along with any Masks, etc.

    Hunt

    Hunt, May 25, 2006