Modifying a 802.11b wireless card?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Manish, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. Manish

    Manish Guest

    Hi,
    I intened to modify a 802.11b wireless card, preferably a PCMCIA
    card(but anything would do). The intenetion is to add another chip on
    the board to make a custom solution. The problem i am running in is
    that i am unable to find any PCB layout diagrams of any of the cards
    available in the market. I have tried searching Prism and wavelan
    based cards.

    If i could some how get to the PCB layouts, i could then start
    figuring out the exact places to make cuts on the pcb to interface my
    chip.

    Any help to locate some authentic resources, or any advice would be
    extremely helpful. You can point me to any book that can provide such
    information too. I would really appreciate any help. Please let me
    know if i need to provide more details.

    Thanks
    Manish Mittal

    Manish, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Manish

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    Manish <> wrote:
    > I intened to modify a 802.11b wireless card, preferably a PCMCIA
    >card(but anything would do). The intenetion is to add another chip on
    >the board to make a custom solution. The problem i am running in is
    >that i am unable to find any PCB layout diagrams of any of the cards
    >available in the market. I have tried searching Prism and wavelan
    >based cards.

    Considering that most of them won't even divulge the necessary
    documentation to write drivers for the cards I rather doubt that you
    will have any luck in finding PCB layout diagrams.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

    Rod Dorman, Sep 20, 2004