    Is there anyway to change the behaviour so it pops up the next instance
    after I've decided what to do? I believe this was default behaviour of Close
    Group in all other versions of Windows.
    MsFriendly, Feb 26, 2008

  2. MsFriendly

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, MsFriendly.

    This newsgroup is for all x64 versions of Windows: Vista x64, WinXP x64,
    Windows Server x64... Which one are you asking about?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Feb 26, 2008

  3. I'm not seeing this in Vista x64 (or 64-bit Server 2008) - it behaves as you
    would expect. Which leads me to ask, as RC has, What version of Windows are
    you seeing this on?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 26, 2008
  4. MsFriendly

    MsFriendly Guest

    First apologies for the double post... It's XP X64 - brand new install.
    Driving me nuts, as I often need to have many iterations of some text pad
    open at any one time :)

    Thanks for your help!

    MsFriendly, Feb 27, 2008
  5. MsFriendly

    MsFriendly Guest

    It's XP ...

    I have noticed the problem only seems to be with Notepad... sp I am going to
    stick to a different text editor for a while, which I should really anyway!!

    MsFriendly, Feb 28, 2008
  6. do the individual notepads think they have modifications to the text file?
    That would certainly cause this behaviour. (And I use Gvim as my text
    editor.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64