  1. RemoteShark

    RemoteShark Guest

    This forum needs some hard a$$ moderators. Are there any signup forms?
    RemoteShark, Apr 4, 2007

  2. RemoteShark

    T. S. Ripley Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?UmVtb3RlU2hhcms=?= <> wrote
    in news::

    > This forum needs some hard a$$ moderators. Are there any signup forms?

    Tell me what you think needs moderating and I will forward it to the proper
    parties. Otherwise, it can be noted that cross-threading in multiple
    newsgroups the inappropriate reaction that you presented today directed at
    the MCSE NewsGroup could also be found as a poor example for your
    qualifications to become a moderator.
    T. S. Ripley, Apr 4, 2007

  3. RemoteShark

    catwalker63 Guest

    RemoteShark piffled away vaguely:

    > This forum needs some hard a$$ moderators. Are there any signup forms?

    It's not a forum, it's a newsgroup. And if it was a forum, the surest
    way to NOT be chosen to be a moderator is to ask to be one.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Apr 4, 2007
  4. RemoteShark

    RemoteShark Guest

    To be technically correct. Lasher had posted across a couple newsgroup
    discussions. I had only replied through the MCDST newsgroup, whatever else
    happened across other newsgroups was beyond my control. I had not known until
    you mentioned it that Lasher had posted it also in MCSE Newsgroup aswell.

    I don't want to get involved with this this discussion anymore, it's so
    pathetic... but one thing is sad is that there are people who use these
    newsgroups as personal bashing platforms. I protest to these people. It's all
    about IT, not what whoever did to whoever.

    Lets all forget it and move on. There are better things to write in this
    Newsgroup for people to benefit from, than what has already been said on this
    topic.

    Good day! and I'm ignoring anything else said on this topic.

    RemoteShark

    RemoteShark, Apr 4, 2007
  5. It is a public newsgroup (i.e. no moderation). Microsoft made a mistake
    in thinking that we were all professionals willing to assist each other
    in a professional manner. If you are interested in moderated newsgroups,
    you can visit http://www.certguard.com/forums or the private MCP
    newsgroups.

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP,
    A+, Network+, i-Net+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    CertGuard Member
    The Stronghold for Excellence in I.T. Certification
    http://www.certguard.com

    --

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP,

    The Classroom Blog

    www.CertGuard.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 4, 2007
  6. RemoteShark

    catwalker63 Guest

    RemoteShark piffled away vaguely:

    > To be technically correct. Lasher had posted across a couple newsgroup
    > discussions. I had only replied through the MCDST newsgroup, whatever else
    > happened across other newsgroups was beyond my control. I had not known until
    > you mentioned it that Lasher had posted it also in MCSE Newsgroup aswell.
    >
    > I don't want to get involved with this this discussion anymore, it's so
    > pathetic... but one thing is sad is that there are people who use these
    > newsgroups as personal bashing platforms. I protest to these people. It's all
    > about IT, not what whoever did to whoever.
    >
    > Lets all forget it and move on. There are better things to write in this
    > Newsgroup for people to benefit from, than what has already been said on this
    > topic.
    >
    > Good day! and I'm ignoring anything else said on this topic.
    >
    > RemoteShark
    >
    > "T. S. Ripley" wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?UmVtb3RlU2hhcms=?= <> wrote
    >> in news::
    >>
    >> > This forum needs some hard a$$ moderators. Are there any signup forms?

    >> Tell me what you think needs moderating and I will forward it to the proper
    >> parties. Otherwise, it can be noted that cross-threading in multiple
    >> newsgroups the inappropriate reaction that you presented today directed at
    >> the MCSE NewsGroup could also be found as a poor example for your
    >> qualifications to become a moderator.

    Too bad RS. TS Ripley is Lasher. They are the same person. He is
    attempting to dissassociate himself with that personality.

    catwalker63, Apr 4, 2007
  7. RemoteShark

    T. S. Ripley Guest

    catwalker63 <> wrote in

    > Too bad RS. TS Ripley is Lasher. They are the same person. He is
    > attempting to dissassociate himself with that personality.

    Cat, just head back over to the MCSE NG and please stop trying to cause
    trouble here. Lasher was a handle I used long before anything in the NG,
    and it is still used elsewhere. Regardless, your information is incorrect.
    T. S. Ripley, Apr 4, 2007
  8. RemoteShark

    JaR Guest

    T. S. Ripley wrote:
    > catwalker63 <> wrote in
    >
    >> Too bad RS. TS Ripley is Lasher. They are the same person. He is
    >> attempting to dissassociate himself with that personality.

    > Cat, just head back over to the MCSE NG and please stop trying to cause
    > trouble here. Lasher was a handle I used long before anything in the NG,
    > and it is still used elsewhere. Regardless, your information is incorrect.

    Oh, that's going to go over well.

    LOL.

    --
    JaR
    Sorry, I didn't know we were s'posed to stay over there
    JaR, Apr 4, 2007
  9. RemoteShark

    CBIC Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > T. S. Ripley wrote:
    >> catwalker63 <> wrote in
    >>> Too bad RS. TS Ripley is Lasher. They are the same person. He is
    >>> attempting to dissassociate himself with that personality.

    >> Cat, just head back over to the MCSE NG and please stop trying to cause
    >> trouble here. Lasher was a handle I used long before anything in the NG,
    >> and it is still used elsewhere. Regardless, your information is
    >> incorrect.

    > Oh, that's going to go over well.
    >
    > LOL.
    >
    > --
    > JaR
    > Sorry, I didn't know we were s'posed to stay over there

    I think he's going for his MVP in DST. He'll keep this NG clean of off topic
    posts and MS will just HAVE to award him MVP.
    CBIC, Apr 4, 2007
  10. RemoteShark

    T. S. Ripley Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in

    >>> Cat, just head back over to the MCSE NG and please stop trying to
    >>> cause trouble here. Lasher was a handle I used long before anything
    >>> in the NG, and it is still used elsewhere. Regardless, your
    >>> information is incorrect.

    >> Oh, that's going to go over well.
    >>
    >> LOL.
    >>
    >> --
    >> JaR
    >> Sorry, I didn't know we were s'posed to stay over there

    > I think he's going for his MVP in DST. He'll keep this NG clean of off
    > topic posts and MS will just HAVE to award him MVP.

    So are you three going to make it a point to harass me here?

    As far as attempting MVP, it would be for more than DST as DST is a legacy
    certification and not enough for a nomination.
    T. S. Ripley, Apr 5, 2007
  11. RemoteShark

    catwalker63 Guest

    T. S. Ripley piffled away vaguely:

    > "CBIC" <> wrote in

    >>> Oh, that's going to go over well.
    >>>
    >>> LOL.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> JaR
    >>> Sorry, I didn't know we were s'posed to stay over there

    >> I think he's going for his MVP in DST. He'll keep this NG clean of off
    >> topic posts and MS will just HAVE to award him MVP.
    >>

    > So are you three going to make it a point to harass me here?
    >
    > As far as attempting MVP, it would be for more than DST as DST is a legacy
    > certification and not enough for a nomination.

    I'm not harassing you or trying to cause trouble. Just pointing out a
    mistake Mr. Shark made in identifying you. Trying to be helpful and
    clear up misunderstandings. That is, after all why we are here.

    And I'll go where I please, do as I please, and wear what I please.
    I'll be interested to see if MS awards you with an MVP. I don't think
    your abrasive personality or your tendency to fly off the handle will
    help. I'd recommend you spend some time working on that rather than
    worrying about what we're up to. I believe one of the requirements is
    to be respectful of your peers. You have a track record for attacking
    with little or no provocation. Maybe you can change but I'm not holding
    my breath.

    catwalker63, Apr 5, 2007
  12. RemoteShark

    CBIC Guest

    "T. S. Ripley" <.@> wrote in message

    > So are you three going to make it a point to harass me here?
    >
    > As far as attempting MVP, it would be for more than DST as DST is a legacy
    > certification and not enough for a nomination.

    I will not harass you or anyone in this NG. The DST is a beginner cert so
    one would expect less experienced people to ask questions here. I will
    answer questions here if/when I can. Good luck with the MVP.
    CBIC, Apr 5, 2007
  13. RemoteShark

    Montreal MCT Guest

    MCDST is not a beginner cert, though it is viewed by many as the entry-level
    senior certification. Having said that MVPs are not awarded based on
    certifications, senior or otherwise.

    Stay tuned for a post on MVP awards.

    Montreal MCT
    Visit my blog at
    http://dnn.mitpro.ca/mitpro/Blogs/tabid/59/BlogID/2/Default.aspx

    Montreal MCT, Apr 5, 2007
  14. RemoteShark

    Montreal MCT Guest

    MVP Awards

    There has been a great deal of discussion in the newsgroups of late
    pertaining to attempting to earn MVP status. I would like to clarify a few
    points:

    1. You cannot earn MVP status. You must be nominated by a current MVP or in
    some cases Microsoft employees. Once that is done you are vetted for
    worthiness in the program based on your positive contributions to community
    in the preceeding twelve months. Though there are other ways of being
    noticed, the easiest way is a presence in on-line newsgroups.

    2. There are no professional requirements for being nominated. You are not
    required to hold any certifications, even if you are being nominated in an
    area that has certifications. You can therefore be an MVP in Windows Server
    or Active Directory without holding any of the credentials.

    3. The MVP award is just that, it is an award. It is not a credential, and
    should be seen as such.

    4. If you set out as your goal to become an MVP then chances are you will
    fail. It takes a long time to be noticed by the right people, and if you
    are making your contributions based solely on the goal, then you will
    probably falter before it happens. MVPs are community-minded people with a
    passion for helping, and that is pretty hard to fake. And frankly though
    there are real benefits to being an MVP they are dwarfed by the commitment
    it requires to become one.

    5. All MVPs must follow a code of conduct that includes respect for others
    as well as the program, and overall positive behaviour. As was proven in
    October MVPs who do not follow this code will have the award revoked.

    6. MVPs do receive some benefits but they do not receive compensation. We
    do what we do because we believe in it, not for the money... there isn't any
    (though if you do go to Summit there is food and drink).

    I hope this clarifies some of the myth. If you do want to be an MVP it has
    little to do with whatever little clubhouses you may frequent, rather how
    you compose yourself. It would not be unheard of for a member of a rogue
    group to become an MVP if the individual's commitment and dedication and
    comportment were in line with these guidelines.

    Montreal MCT, Apr 5, 2007
  15. RemoteShark

    CBIC Guest

    Re: MVP Awards

    "Montreal MCT" <yeah.right.com> wrote in message

    > I hope this clarifies some of the myth. If you do want to be an MVP it
    > has little to do with whatever little clubhouses you may frequent, rather
    > how you compose yourself. It would not be unheard of for a member of a
    > rogue group to become an MVP if the individual's commitment and dedication
    > and comportment were in line with these guidelines.

    Good informative post. Rogue group <chuckle> gee, I wonder who that is.
    CBIC, Apr 5, 2007
  16. RemoteShark

    JaR Guest

    Re: MVP Awards

    CBIC wrote:
    > "Montreal MCT" <yeah.right.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> I hope this clarifies some of the myth. If you do want to be an MVP it
    >> has little to do with whatever little clubhouses you may frequent, rather
    >> how you compose yourself. It would not be unheard of for a member of a
    >> rogue group to become an MVP if the individual's commitment and dedication
    >> and comportment were in line with these guidelines.
    >>

    > Good informative post. Rogue group <chuckle> gee, I wonder who that is.

    Considering that we have two MVPs and one Microsoftie as members,,
    shirley not lil' ol' US?

    --
    JaR
    Rogue #22
    JaR, Apr 5, 2007
  17. RemoteShark

    T. S. Ripley Guest

    Re: MVP Awards

    "FrisbeeĀ®" <> wrote in

    > "Montreal MCT" <yeah.right.com> wrote in message
    >> There has been a great deal of discussion in the newsgroups of late
    >> pertaining to attempting to earn MVP status. I would like to clarify
    >> a few points:
    >>
    >> 1. You cannot earn MVP status. You must be nominated by a current
    >> MVP or in some cases Microsoft employees. Once that is done you are
    >> vetted for worthiness in the program based on your positive
    >> contributions to community in the preceeding twelve months. Though
    >> there are other ways of being noticed, the easiest way is a presence
    >> in on-line newsgroups.
    >>
    >> 2. There are no professional requirements for being nominated. You
    >> are not required to hold any certifications, even if you are being
    >> nominated in an area that has certifications. You can therefore be
    >> an MVP in Windows Server or Active Directory without holding any of
    >> the credentials.
    >>
    >> 3. The MVP award is just that, it is an award. It is not a
    >> credential, and should be seen as such.
    >>
    >> 4. If you set out as your goal to become an MVP then chances are you
    >> will fail. It takes a long time to be noticed by the right people,
    >> and if you are making your contributions based solely on the goal,
    >> then you will probably falter before it happens. MVPs are
    >> community-minded people with a passion for helping, and that is
    >> pretty hard to fake. And frankly though there are real benefits to
    >> being an MVP they are dwarfed by the commitment it requires to become
    >> one.
    >>
    >> 5. All MVPs must follow a code of conduct that includes respect for
    >> others as well as the program, and overall positive behaviour. As
    >> was proven in October MVPs who do not follow this code will have the
    >> award revoked.
    >>
    >> 6. MVPs do receive some benefits but they do not receive
    >> compensation. We do what we do because we believe in it, not for the
    >> money... there isn't any (though if you do go to Summit there is food
    >> and drink).
    >>
    >> I hope this clarifies some of the myth. If you do want to be an MVP
    >> it has little to do with whatever little clubhouses you may frequent,
    >> rather how you compose yourself. It would not be unheard of for a
    >> member of a rogue group to become an MVP if the individual's
    >> commitment and dedication and comportment were in line with these
    >> guidelines.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Montreal MCT
    >> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
    >> Visit my blog at
    >> http://dnn.mitpro.ca/mitpro/Blogs/tabid/59/BlogID/2/Default.aspx?

    wp_ml
    >> =0

    > You could have saved Ripley a lot of time and grief if you had only
    > posted this a few days ago. I'm thinking he did not anticipate any of
    > these points at all.

    No, I anticipated this enough. Specifically #5 is why I dropped MCNGP.
    Before, as you stated Frisbee, I was helpful. That, I will return to
    doing. There's no reason to recite what's happened thus far and that's
    all I have to say. The rest is just harassment if deemed such, not on
    your part, but by other members of the community.
    T. S. Ripley, Apr 5, 2007
  18. RemoteShark

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: MVP Awards

    FrisbeeĀ® piffled away vaguely:

    > "Montreal MCT" <yeah.right.com> wrote in message
    >> There has been a great deal of discussion in the newsgroups of late
    >> pertaining to attempting to earn MVP status. I would like to clarify a
    >> few points:
    >>
    >> 1. You cannot earn MVP status. You must be nominated by a current MVP or
    >> in some cases Microsoft employees. Once that is done you are vetted for
    >> worthiness in the program based on your positive contributions to
    >> community in the preceeding twelve months. Though there are other ways of
    >> being noticed, the easiest way is a presence in on-line newsgroups.
    >>
    >> 2. There are no professional requirements for being nominated. You are
    >> not required to hold any certifications, even if you are being nominated
    >> in an area that has certifications. You can therefore be an MVP in
    >> Windows Server or Active Directory without holding any of the credentials.
    >>
    >> 3. The MVP award is just that, it is an award. It is not a credential,
    >> and should be seen as such.
    >>
    >> 4. If you set out as your goal to become an MVP then chances are you will
    >> fail. It takes a long time to be noticed by the right people, and if you
    >> are making your contributions based solely on the goal, then you will
    >> probably falter before it happens. MVPs are community-minded people with
    >> a passion for helping, and that is pretty hard to fake. And frankly
    >> though there are real benefits to being an MVP they are dwarfed by the
    >> commitment it requires to become one.
    >>
    >> 5. All MVPs must follow a code of conduct that includes respect for others
    >> as well as the program, and overall positive behaviour. As was proven in
    >> October MVPs who do not follow this code will have the award revoked.
    >>
    >> 6. MVPs do receive some benefits but they do not receive compensation. We
    >> do what we do because we believe in it, not for the money... there isn't
    >> any (though if you do go to Summit there is food and drink).
    >>
    >> I hope this clarifies some of the myth. If you do want to be an MVP it
    >> has little to do with whatever little clubhouses you may frequent, rather
    >> how you compose yourself. It would not be unheard of for a member of a
    >> rogue group to become an MVP if the individual's commitment and dedication
    >> and comportment were in line with these guidelines.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Montreal MCT
    >> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
    >> Visit my blog at
    >> http://dnn.mitpro.ca/mitpro/Blogs/tabid/59/BlogID/2/Default.aspx?wp_ml=0

    > You could have saved Ripley a lot of time and grief if you had only posted
    > this a few days ago. I'm thinking he did not anticipate any of these points
    > at all.

    In the long run, though, I think this sequence of events saves us time
    and grief. Mr. Ripley turns out to not be MCNGP material any more than
    he is MVP material. I'm sorry to say I think he will crack long before
    12 months are over and show his true colors once again. I wish him luck
    but I am skeptical. I don't remember him offering any real help, even
    after his handle change. To be awarded an MVP he would have to go over
    and above consistantly. You can't fake that, certainly not for a whole
    year.

    catwalker63, Apr 5, 2007
  19. RemoteShark

    TBone Guest

    Re: MVP Awards

    And on the eigth day "Montreal MCT" <yeah.right.com> did cause the

    > There has been a great deal of discussion in the newsgroups of late
    > pertaining to attempting to earn MVP status. I would like to clarify
    > a few points:

    0.5. The first rule of MVP is not to talk about MVP.

    i.e. Anyone worthy of becoming MVP should know how to find this.

    -------

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    TBone, Apr 5, 2007
  20. RemoteShark

    Consultant Guest

    Re: MVP Awards

    what are you trying to earn your mvp on?

    Consultant, Apr 5, 2007