    up though. I have checked all possible points in the control pannel, modem
    set up, updated drivers, call the isp to get tec support but I still have
    the problem....any suggestions??????? please
    Fernando, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Fernando

    Walter Guest

    "Fernando" <> wrote in message
    news:vzXwb.3125$...
    > I have a dial up and the modem clicks and disconnects, the dial up is

    always
    > up though. I have checked all possible points in the control pannel,

    modem
    > set up, updated drivers, call the isp to get tec support but I still have
    > the problem....any suggestions??????? please

    Is there another application/s trying to use the dial-up connection that
    probably shouldnt be? If so try removing the offending app from task manager
    and try again.

    My 2p
    HTH
    Walt
    Walter, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Fernando

    David Hough Guest

    Hey Fernando

    Go into Dialup-networking and get the number that it is dialing. Then
    on a voice telephone, dial that number and listen. Do you hear a busy
    signal, a recording, or does it just ring. Now, with that knowledge,
    think, is it dialing the wrong number, is the problem at my end, or
    theirs, do I have an impaired phone line.
    David Hough, Nov 27, 2003