    again.
    --
    JC
    =?Utf-8?B?SkM=?=, Jul 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SkM=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "JC" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > After I tried USR, Creative, PcTel etc., all does not work with WinXP 64,
    > finally found a one shipment stand brand modem that with intel chipset P/N
    > ended with number 536 or 537, all you needed is go to Intel site download
    > the
    > Win XP 64 driver, and you got yourself a Win XP 64 modem and sufer the net
    > again.
    > --
    > JC

    Dial up on a 64 bit computer....isn't that like putting training wheels on a
    Maseratti?

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Jul 7, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SkM=?=

    Sim Guest

    Yeah, but like me, if it's all you can get. It's all you can get.

    Sim, Jul 7, 2005
  4. http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-XP64Bit.zip

    Smart link has drivers for their modems, maybe you want to consider
    purchasing one from them. The US Robotics 5810 ran perfectly out of the box
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 7, 2005
  5. Smartlink is the chipset manufacturer.
    This may apply to many modems.
    Mine is branded "Epox", is USB and has 4 USB expansion slots.
    I have not installed it in winx64 but have used it in winx86 with smlink
    drivers.
    For the usb version of the driver just change the "A" in "SLA56" to "U"
    (SLU56)
    A couple of weeks ago the link was unofficial, i.e., the link for the driver
    was available but there was no reference to it in the drivers page.
    Now it is official.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 8, 2005