modem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by charlie and grace, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. I want to silence my modem and can't remember what it is you need to do.
    Anyone be kind enough to let me know?
    charlie and grace, Nov 16, 2003

  2. charlie and grace

    °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / Modems / Properties. Set the speaker
    volume off. If you don't have a speaker volume setting
    on the 'General' tab, you will need to go to the 'Connection'
    tab and press 'Advanced'. In the 'Extra settings' box,
    add:

    ATM=0

    That's a zero, and will mute your modem.

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:57:29 -0800, in
    <>
    charlie and grace scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003

  3. charlie and grace

    John Holmes Guest

    charlie and grace came up with this:

    > I want to silence my modem and can't remember what it is you need to do.
    > Anyone be kind enough to let me know?

    ATM0

    --
    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."