    the modem stays connected. Any idea on how to disconnect when she is
    finished surfing.
    TIA

    ripper, Oct 26, 2003

  2. ripper

    Harrison Guest

    Double click he icon in the system tray and choose disconnect.

    Harrison, Oct 26, 2003

  3. ripper

    Me Guest

    I don't know about winXP, but in win98
    Start | settings | control panel | internet options | connections |
    settings | advanced | tick "Disconnect when connection may no longer be
    needed". Might be something similar in xp.

    Me, Oct 26, 2003
  4. ripper

    ripper Guest

    That is not a problem, it is an auto disconnect she is looking for. She is
    on pay by the minute and if she forgets, then you can imagine the phone
    bill, as the modem will stay connected even though not using the internet.

    ripper, Oct 26, 2003
  5. ripper

    Harrison Guest

    Sorry, friend.
    With this group, you never assume too much.

    Take a look here..
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm#xp_auto_disconnect

    Harrison, Oct 26, 2003
  6. "ripper" <jim@MS_security.patch> wrote in message
    > Friend of mine running Windows XP Pro and has US Robotics modem (dont

    know
    > model). She is using standard 56k dial up connection. When she closes

    IE,
    > the modem stays connected. Any idea on how to disconnect when she is
    > finished surfing.
    > TIA

    In IE goto Tools>internet option>Connections tab>Highlight Dialup
    account the click settings>Click advanced>Tick "disconnect when
    connection no longer reqd"

    Steven Pilbeam, Oct 26, 2003