    supporting legacy applications should be red-flagged in big capital letters
    all over any description of the OS, otherwise it's reasonable to assume that
    such support would be provided as usual.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3J1bXB5?=, Jul 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z3J1bXB5?=

    John Barnes Guest

    My US Robotics 5610B works great on x64. No drivers needed. Just reinstall
    your Windows95 if you want to run your 16-bit apps. :) I personally don't
    have any, except installers, but wish more 32-bit apps would work.

    John Barnes, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Can Windows 95 even boot into setup on 64 bit PC? He might have been luck
    with 98.

    http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-XP64Bit.zip

    Smart link has drivers for their modems, maybe you want to consider
    purchasing one from them. The US Robotics 5810 ran perfectly out of the box
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Z3J1bXB5?=

    wewa Guest

    See Subject: 'modem drivers' dated 7/16/2005.

    wewa, Jul 19, 2005
  5. can anyone verify?

    i just tried manually installing the moden for my notebook as an Agere
    Systems Ac'97 Modem. -everything comes up fine. can anyone verify that the
    modem will work by doing this? i dont have a dial up account.

    it comes up as a microsoft 10/1/2002 driver
    versions 5.2.3790.1830

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jul 19, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Z3J1bXB5?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Why don't you use hyperterminal to make a call, say to the time operator.
    Just use a local number you know and see if your modem dials out.

    John Barnes, Jul 19, 2005
  7. good idea.
    the modem rings my cell, so i assume it works. might give an aol disk a shot
    next time i get one.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jul 20, 2005