    Does anyone have any special uninstall/remove instructions and installation
    instructions?

    Thank You for your assistance and consideration!!!
    Me/PDX, Aug 16, 2006

  2. On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:43:32 GMT, "Me/PDX" <> wrote:

    >I am going to remove/uninstall a LucentWin K56 V90 modem and replace it with
    >a V.92 U.S. Robotics Modem #USR5699B .
    >
    >Does anyone have any special uninstall/remove instructions and installation
    >instructions?
    >

    >Thank You for your assistance and consideration!!!

    There should be a listing of the program in the Control Panel add/remove
    software section to remove the software used by the Lucent modem.

    Pneuma Cheney, Aug 16, 2006

  3. Me/PDX

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 02:43:32 GMT, "Me/PDX" <> wrote:

    >I am going to remove/uninstall a LucentWin K56 V90 modem and replace it with
    >a V.92 U.S. Robotics Modem #USR5699B .
    >
    >Does anyone have any special uninstall/remove instructions and installation
    >instructions?

    Remove device driver for old modem in operating system.
    Shut down computer.
    Remove modem.
    Put in new modem.
    Boot up computer. Install new modem per operating system and modem
    manufacturers instructions.
    Evan Platt, Aug 16, 2006
  4. Me/PDX

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:16:56 -0700, Pneuma Cheney <>
    wrote:

    > There should be a listing of the program in the Control Panel add/remove
    >software section to remove the software used by the Lucent modem.

    Ahh yes, that would make much more sense than removing the HARDWARE
    DRIVER for the modem..
    Evan Platt, Aug 16, 2006
  5. Me/PDX

    Plato Guest

    Me/PDX wrote:

    > I am going to remove/uninstall a LucentWin K56 V90 modem and replace it with
    > a V.92 U.S. Robotics Modem #USR5699B .
    >
    > Does anyone have any special uninstall/remove instructions and installation
    > instructions?

    Most of the time you simply remove the old modem and install the new
    modem according to the docs provided.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 16, 2006
  6. Me/PDX

    ProfGene Guest

    Me/PDX wrote:
    > I am going to remove/uninstall a LucentWin K56 V90 modem and replace it with
    > a V.92 U.S. Robotics Modem #USR5699B .
    >
    > Does anyone have any special uninstall/remove instructions and installation
    > instructions?
    >

    > Thank You for your assistance and consideration!!!

    just remove it from the modem folder and the drivers and settings will
    be gone.
    ProfGene, Aug 17, 2006