    appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Mark, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Mark

    colin Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I'm upgrading to a newer V92 standard dialup modem (XP home version)
    > from an older 56k modem. Would the best sequence for the process be:
    > Uninstall or "delete" the old modem in Device Manager, power down,
    > physically remove it.

    Reboot, no modem attached, allowing windows to remove the obsolete drivers.
    Them power down.......

    ..........and replace it with the new one, boot-up and let

    colin, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks for your response. That sounds like a better plan!

    Mark, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Mark

    Gazwad Guest

    Mark, <>, the stinting, putrefying grocery replenishment
    assistant, and needle and pin sharpener, cackled:

    > Hi,
    > I'm upgrading to a newer V92 standard dialup modem (XP home version)
    > from an older 56k modem. Would the best sequence for the process be:
    > Uninstall or "delete" the old modem in Device Manager, power down,
    > physically remove it and replace it with the new one, boot-up and let
    > windows detect the new modem? Any changes, advice, comments would be
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > Mark

    The first thing you should do is research all the problems people have with
    V92.

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Curdled pig eye in fondued pigeon intestine with cabbage preserve, simmered
    in a cooling pail with a slew of bland scraps of rutabaga and bone with
    morsels of bologna in noxious vegetable oil, a side of fruit and a bottle of
    thickened sea slug extract.
    Gazwad, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Mark

    Plato Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > I'm upgrading to a newer V92 standard dialup modem (XP home version)
    > from an older 56k modem. Would the best sequence for the process be:
    > Uninstall or "delete" the old modem in Device Manager, power down,

    I'd boot to safe mode and remove all instances of your modem there. Shut
    down. Remove the old modem. Then read the docs on how to install your
    new modem as some want the software installed first before you plug it
    it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 11, 2005
  6. Plato |@|.|, wrote in message
    231dc2a$0$3294$:
    > Mark wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm upgrading to a newer V92 standard dialup modem (XP home version)
    >> from an older 56k modem. Would the best sequence for the process be:
    >> Uninstall or "delete" the old modem in Device Manager, power down,

    > I'd boot to safe mode and remove all instances of your modem there.
    > Shut down. Remove the old modem. Then read the docs on how to install
    > your new modem as some want the software installed first before you
    > plug it it.

    Who?

    --
    I stole that first,